Discussion Board

Unhappy Can't run application on mobile (Simulator works)

Hi!

I want to learn Qt to develop apps for my Nokia N8. I read documentations etc. and changed some of the example applications as I'm learning best by try-and-error and learning-by-doing.

Now I wanted to change the Lucid Screensaver to have back a Anna-styled digital clock screensaver. Everything works fine on the simulator but if I try to run it on my N8 (CODA running of course) there are several errors and warnings:

:-1: Warnung:Missing dependency detected: screensaverpluginintdef.hrh
    :-1: Fehler:Recipe resourcecompile schlug mit demRückgabewert 1 fehl
    C:\Qt-SDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\include\f32file.h:39: Fehler:e32svr.h: No such file or directory
    :-1: Fehler:Recipe compile schlug mit demRückgabewert 1 fehl
    :-1: Fehler:The make-engine exited with errors.

I googled the errors and I found a "screensaverpluginintdef.hrh" on a project hostet at Google Projects: Nokia Screensaver. I downloaded the hrh and included it but it wasn't working either.

So I downloaded the files from the Google Project to test it. Everything runs fine on the simulator including screensaver off with proximity sensor but it fails compiling for my N8.

:-1: Warnungas selbstsignierte Paket 'C:/Users/root/QtProjects/qtscreensaver' wurde modifiziert, um eine Installation zu ermöglichen.
    UID 0x20060C5F is not compatible with self-signing!
    Package UID changed to: 0xE0060C5F.
    Verwenden Sie ein Entwicklerzertifikat oder eine andere Form der Signierung, um dies zu umgehen.
    :-1: Warnungas selbstsignierte Paket 'C:/Users/root/QtProjects/qtscreensaver' wurde modifiziert, um eine Installation zu ermöglichen.
    Executable with SID in the protected range (0x20060c5f) detected: "qtscreensaver_patched_caps.exe". A self-signed sis with protected executables is not supported.
    Verwenden Sie ein Entwicklerzertifikat oder eine andere Form der Signierung, um dies zu umgehen.
    Unable to patch the package for self-singing.
    :-1: Fehler:Automatic patching failed at C:\Qt-SDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\bin\createpackage.pl line 357.

I found this thread where the solution was to remove the TARGET.CAPABILITY that needs a certificate (in the qtscreensaver case "SwEvent"). I don't even know why the SwEvent is needed for a scrennsaver after I read the documentation about it.

How to avoid this errors?

Edit: Okay, I've changed the TARGET.UID3 to 0xE0060C5F, now the screensaver is displayed on my phone. But the proximity sensor isn't working. In Debug-Modus the screensaver goes off when the touchscreen is pressed, not what I expected. The builded sis was installed successfully but I can't finde the screensaver in my settings or programs.
    Last edited by AUTxRemoteC; 2012-05-18 at 14:55.

Re: Can't run application on mobile (Simulator works)

What are the next steps I need to have the "qtscreensaver" run on my N8? And why does the installer say "Allowed program functions: Usage of camera and microphone, network usage and calls"? I don't see a line of code where one of the mentioned is used. If I cklick "continue" installation finishes and "qtscreensaver" appears in the installed applications but not in the screensaver settings nor in the main menu.

If it is really so hard to have such an easy app deployed on your own device I understand why nobody codes for Symbian.

Please help a newbie!

Edit: With developer certificate it's the same, only message before installation is different. I can't find the screensaver in my settings
    Last edited by AUTxRemoteC; 2012-05-20 at 13:05.

Re: Can't run application on mobile (Simulator works)

Hi,

Did you solve this problem.

Could be a compilation issue as this one.