×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    53

    Unhappy Cannot buy any paid app in China Mainland !!!

    As a Chinese developer I have to say we are about to die because the operator billing points (e.g. CMCC) in China, which covers 99% of the end user payments, are not working again !!!

    It was first broken from the end of Feburary to the end of April, which was around two months. we gave it understanding and patience since we knew that Nokia might not have the initiative in hands and Nokia would sure try their best to solve this problem with CMCC. It was finally resolved and we were extremely happy as the depressing period had all gone.

    Well, just as the online report, we can never rest assured about the Nokia Store. The operator billing point was not working again from May 17th and of course our sales has dropped to ZERO! It is a great suffer for a paid application to drop its sale from an average of 600 download per day to ZERO! Every developer should know how much we had lost...

    Another thing, apps publish in China Mainland are not permitted to have ADs, so we don't know how the FREE apps make money except those paid by Nokia itself !
    Last edited by cdutly; 2012-05-20 at 14:17.

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vadodara, India.
    Posts
    903

    Re: Cannot buy any paid app in China Mainland !!!

    Agree with your point of view. China giving very less revenue when china getting more downloads. but revenue per app download from chine is very very less. also now max. price of app allowed in china became 2 euro.

    I don't know about your other issue as I am not living in China and not aware with that issue either.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    44

    Re: Cannot buy any paid app in China Mainland !!!

    You can use new payment method via Alipay. Just reset the price as #3, #4,#5, which means RMB5, RMB8 and RMB10 in China Mainland now. Currently, #1, #2 is for phone billing, and others are for alipay.
    And good luck. However, if you price is global, you'd better distribute another one with the same sid for China only.

  4. #4
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    53

    Re: Cannot buy any paid app in China Mainland !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hutigers View Post
    You can use new payment method via Alipay. Just reset the price as #3, #4,#5, which means RMB5, RMB8 and RMB10 in China Mainland now. Currently, #1, #2 is for phone billing, and others are for alipay.
    And good luck. However, if you price is global, you'd better distribute another one with the same sid for China only.
    Yes, you are right.

    The point is operator billing should work because that covers 99% of the payment. Alipay has its big problem that if you set your app price higer than 2# than you lose the possiblity of operator billling, which in turns means you lose 99% of your payment, isn't it ? And few users like to pay 3# or more money to buy the apps.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    44

    Re: Cannot buy any paid app in China Mainland !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cdutly View Post
    Yes, you are right.

    The point is operator billing should work because that covers 99% of the payment. Alipay has its big problem that if you set your app price higer than 2# than you lose the possiblity of operator billling, which in turns means you lose 99% of your payment, isn't it ? And few users like to pay 3# or more money to buy the apps.
    I am not working for Nokia. I am just another developer that tries to help. So I will be happier if you are nicer. I just feel that you are blaming me for something. :/

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    53

    Re: Cannot buy any paid app in China Mainland !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hutigers View Post
    I am not working for Nokia. I am just another developer that tries to help. So I will be happier if you are nicer. I just feel that you are blaming me for something. :/
    Hutigers,

    I appologize for the uncomfortable brought to you. No, I am not blaming you. I just want to express that Nokia should solve the problem and not let the developers to always workaround something.

    Very sorry again.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    44

    Re: Cannot buy any paid app in China Mainland !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cdutly View Post
    Hutigers,

    I appologize for the uncomfortable brought to you. No, I am not blaming you. I just want to express that Nokia should solve the problem and not let the developers to always workaround something.

    Very sorry again.
    Hi, cdutly. The problem solved or not? I just got my app using IAP failed in China Nokia Store. They gave me two emails. The first says IAP is not allow in China. And the second says IAP amout should not over 2 yuan. Which are both wrong. I just don't know who hired these people that don't learn what they should at all. If I go to iOS, it is not because of the program difficulties nor the users numbers, but the bad store.

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    53

    Re: Cannot buy any paid app in China Mainland !!!

    Hi Hutigers,

    The operator billing points are OK to use these days, but they are not stable(especially CMCC billing point).

    I dont't know quit clear if IAP is allowed in China, but it does have the limit that content in China could be sold at only two price points, RMB 1 yuan or 2 yuan, through operator billing.

    They have adopted one new payment method call 'Alipay' in China, which support all 15 possible price points, but in my opinion it's useless. If you sell your app in a price higer than 2 yuan than you lose the possibility of using operator billing, which covers 99% of the payment so far. You can find more details at http://support.publish.nokia.com/?p=3846&type=alert

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    44

    Re: Cannot buy any paid app in China Mainland !!!

    Alipay is not appliable with IAP. They just told me that there are still problems with that. So I have to lower my IAP price to 2 yuan.

Similar Threads

  1. We did not get paid for February?
    By mismael in forum [Closed] Publishing to Nokia Store
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2011-03-06, 14:39
  2. Paid Apps
    By tjoozey in forum [Closed] Publishing to Nokia Store
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010-03-13, 05:42
  3. Paid Development
    By dub_sth in forum Symbian C++
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2006-04-03, 22:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •