Discussion Board

Phantom albums in DocumentGallery

I have found the following bug while using DocumentGallery qml plugin. Once a music file is added into N9 memory, the corrisponding Album element is created, but it does not get removed when there is no more any file belonging to it. Albums model is filled with old and removed albums, which hurts my player performance a lot. I have found that it's the tracker itself having wrong informations, as with "tracker-search --music-albums" I can already see the phantom albums.

Resetting tracker database with tracker-control -r removed these phantom albums, but clears conversations, contacts and other user data aswell.

Tracks count property of albums is not the existing number of tracks stored belonging to an album, but it's simple the mp3 tag, so I have no way to filter these albums out.

This problem is not happening with built-in audio player, but I have no clue how to solve it since tracker itsels shows the phantom albums. Also, where to report this bug? Harmattan bug tracker (which is closed) since tracker process seams guilty, or Qt one since built in player seams not to be affected by it?

Regular Contributor

Re: Phantom albums in DocumentGallery

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any solution for this. Only option is to implement your own gallery, as the pre-made method is broken.

Sorry I can't be any more of help