Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Misunderstanding of the meaning of "Restorable Products"

drm/data/ResourceId_xxxxxx directory should be missing from project folder.
    -- correct

The second time it gives callback that this is already purchased.
    -- i guess you observe that IAP behavior in test mode. In live mode you should be able to buy the same item multiple times. Here live mode means application id is not the default value '000000' - six zeroes but a value assigned by Store during publishing process. That mess in behavior can be considered as a bug. To avoid it just follow IAP developer's guide recommendations:
    • DRM protected model supports automatic product restoration and thus does not allow multiple purchases of the same product
    • non-DRM model does not support automatic restoration and allows multiple purchases of the same product

I think it is worth to check FAQ also : http://support.publish.nokia.com/?cat=6&topic=57 and http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...netization-FAQ

I'm trying my application to run on nokia RDA Nokia asha 303 but as soon as it creates payment object and hit getproductdata() , it always return -35 and message stating "Subscribe to packet data first"????

And through nokia RDA m able to connect to inbuilt "nokia store" app.
    Last edited by sandhyac; 2012-10-04 at 09:41.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

you are getting GENERAL_HTTP_ERROR -35 , to check connectivity before testing make sure browser on device can work. Try already made solution that is proved to be working : this or that. The latest project is under development and refinement of the first one.

When using those out-of-box solutions , please beware , java code can be easy reverse engineered and crucial part of code can be stubbed. In that concern DRM product protection is the best because hacker cannot use your app without application resource decryption -- in that case reverse engineering does not work.

Hi,

I'm getting GENERAL_HTTP_ERROR -35 on requesting getproductdata() , if i set my device date as "dd/mm/2013" or "dd/mm/2011".

So is there any thing related that Nokia IAP make use of current device date and time???

And if set my date to "dd/mm/2012". It works successfully. where dd and mm can be anything valid date and month.

Nokia store published my one app(non-drm model) successfully. But while submitting jar and jad of application to nokia QA, TEST_MODE.txt file was there in my jar with empty content in it.

So does it mean it will point to live server? Because when i downloaded published app and and bought in-app item it deducted my real money through operator billing?

Is there any difference between "TEST_MODE.txt as empty" and "TEST_MODE.text with content [testserver]
    testMode=normal"???

Is "Removing TEST_MODE.txt while submitting app to nokia store" is same as "keeping TEST_MODE.txt empty in application"???

Please reply

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

it looks like you application is working . In fact i did not know you can leave empty TEST_MODE.txt in the application and it will be working in live mode. Good to know. Thank you

Hi,

I'm getting GENERAL_HTTP_ERROR -35 on requesting getproductdata() , if i set my device date as "dd/mm/2013" or "dd/mm/2011".

So is there any thing related that Nokia IAP make use of current device date and time???

And if set my date to "dd/mm/2012". It works successfully. where dd and mm can be anything valid date and month.

Nokia Developer Moderator

It is rather sure that secure communication is involved in IAP-related communication. It may easily happen that for security reasons the Store uses signatures which are valid in a given year only. Then your time traveller device concludes that is sees an invalid signature and refuses communication.

Hi,

My application(Unit converter) with Nokia IAP enabled is published on Nokia store.
    But when i try to buy something, nokia shows the checkout screen where only operator billing is shown always and no other payment method. Though i logged in with nokia account which has other payment also like master card payment. And even if i set master card as preferred mode of billing, than also only operator billing is shown in checkout screen.

So what would be the reason behind this?
    Do the content publisher or developer needs to do any setting so that other payment methods can be seen on checkout Screen??

Please reply...

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi sandhyac

In my understanding, regardless of whatever it might be the reason, you cannot fix it. IAP payment dialog shows all payment methods available from your network operator.