Discussion Board

Cool J2ME Application not running in Symbian^3 SDK emulatorError found in running the same

I am not able to run the application on Symbian^3 SDK emulator. The following Error generated :

Failed to connect to emulator device. Not Connecting to agent error is shown.

Please reply asap.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: J2ME Application not running in Symbian^3 SDK emulatorError found in running the

Hi liqvid.nokia and Welcome to Nokia discussion boards,

Make sure that your project configuration target is Symbian^3 SDK emulator. if not, do following steps:
    right click on your project -- > properties --> JavaME --> add -->and then select Symbian^3 SDK emulator

are you able to launch the SDK emulator as stand-alone instead of launching it from the IDE?

Re: J2ME Application not running in Symbian^3 SDK emulatorError found in running the

Hi bandarap
    I have followed the same steps but still not able to run my application on emulator.
    Yes emulator is getting launched as stand-alone

Nokia Developer Expert

if you are able to launch emulator stand-alone then I strongly believe that something wrong with emulator configuration in IDE. you can check how to configure Symbian emulator in Eclipse pulsar here and Netbeans here.

also make sure that SymbianEmulator is selected not SymbianDevice

I have already done this....when i again do this it displays already installed message.
    If now i run application it still fails to run ....It unable to connect to the the agent and shows the same message Failed to connect to emulator device. Not Connecting to agent error