Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to retrieve a unique ID from WP using default mobile Internet Explorer?

Thanks for the link but I have to say you don't read and understand the question and following replies.

and so your reply is out of the topic.

Chintan.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by chintandave_er View Post
    Thanks for the link but I have to say you don't read and understand the question and following replies.

and so your reply is out of the topic.

Chintan.
    sorry for that.
    Pavan Pareta
    Sr. Software Engineer
    http://windows-mobile-dev.blogspot.com

Allright, then maybe we should consider to replace a complete setup:

Is it possible to retrieve the IMEI from phone, when the phone is connected to a PC, using Internet Explorer on PC?

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by tsgulen View Post
    Is it possible to retrieve the IMEI from phone, when the phone is connected to a PC, using Internet Explorer on PC?
    Well, I dont think it is possible either if I am getting your question correctly. May be, you can get IMEI number using Zune PC client when you have connect your phone to PC but I am not sure about that either. In short, you cant get IMEI number of WP device using Browser of Mobile or PC.

Nokia Developer Champion

Why dont you create a site where you ask user to provide IMEI number. You can also write specific steps in your site that guide user to know the IMEI number of his WP device. (like dial this number for this model to get IMEI number)
    and then you can store that IMEI to a specific IP address in your site database that you can get in your website. You can do this only if your customers/users are trustworthy.

Its just my one suggestion if everything else is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by chintandave_er View Post
    Why dont you create a site where you ask user to provide IMEI number. You can also write specific steps in your site that guide user to know the IMEI number of his WP device. (like dial this number for this model to get IMEI number)
    and then you can store that IMEI to a specific IP address in your site database that you can get in your website. You can do this only if your customers/users are trustworthy.

Its just my one suggestion if everything else is not working.
    This loyalty programme is running for the sales representatives. When a sales rep. sells a Nokia phone, he/she logs in our web page with his/her user code, and we collect the IMEI from the phone directly. The users gets their bonus at the end of every month about 1EUR for every phone. If we let users to book in the IMEI manually, than they can manipulate the IMEI's, frauds, etc. So there must be some trusted unique Id to be sure... :/
    Last edited by tsgulen; 2012-06-04 at 15:47.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by tsgulen View Post
    This loyalty programme is running for the sales representatives. When a sales rep. sells a Nokia phone, he/she logs in our web page with his/her user code, and we collect the IMEI from the phone directly. The users gets their bonus at the end of every month about 1EUR for every phone. If we let users to book in the IMEI manually, than they can manipulate the IMEI's, frauds, etc. So there must be some trusted unique Id to be sure... :/
    okay.. I see. Unfortunately no solution for your need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12