Discussion Board

WRT HomeScreen widget regulary crashes

Hi all! I've implemented HS widget with WRT which uses APIBridge to obtain images from native app. But there is a problem - first request to APIBridge in 95% of cases leads to http error 500 from APIBridge and message "Allow application to access phone data?" from phone. Also I receive a panic "Main - USER - 11" with ErrRd. After error i resend SAME request and all works ok for some time, but periodically crash happens again.
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: WRT HomeScreen widget regulary crashes

Hi,

USER 11 refers to descriptors that exceed reserved length. (Well, you probably know this already.)
    "This panic is raised when any operation that moves or copies data to a 16-bit variant descriptor, causes the length of that descriptor to exceed its maximum length.
    It may be caused by any of the copying, appending or formatting member functions and, specifically, by the Insert(), Replace(), Fill(), Fillz() and ZeroTerminate() descriptor member functions. It can also be caused by the SetLength() function. See TDes16."

Are you using your own APIBridge ECOM plugin to get the images and is there a specific device where this happens?

-Ilkka

Hi, here is more details - I use my own APIBridge ECOM plugin to communicate with native app(check if app version correct, check if images available, get images). On Symnian Belle phones issue reproduces with "Main - USER - 11" panic. On Symbian Anna and Symbian^3 I just receive request "Allow application to access phone data?" from phone, without panic.
    Also i've tested EchoSample APIBridge plugin and got same issue. When Echo widget is on fullscreen mode it successfully communicates with EchoPlugin even if I add a continious requests to plugin with "setTimeout()" JavaScript function. But when I'm modifying EchoWidget to be HomeScreen capable and add this widget to home screen - it also produces same issue as my own widget.

Hi guys! Unfortunately I still have not fixed that issue, I would appreciate any help!