Discussion Board

Kudos to fred.duarte, second winner in the "PureView Imaging Competition 2012Q2"

The winner of the second phone in the PureView Imaging Competition 2012Q2 is fred.duarte, for his article Augmented Reality Applications with NyARToolkit and Qt3D.

Fred's article demonstrates how to create an Augmented Reality (AR) application in Qt, which adds a 3D virtual person to the video displayed in the camera viewfinder. This is an impressive and well explained discussion of how to integrate QtQuick3D, the 3rd party NyARToolkitCPP project (for AR imaging algorithms), and the viewfinder. It should be invaluable to any other developer who wants to work in AR, and in particular in 3D AR.

As the quality has been so high we will be adding an additional 2 phones as prizes next round (so now a total of 5 will be awarded). I do not expect this to make the selection any easier as there are so many great articles, and there could still be more contributions.

Please join me in congratulating Fred on his win.

PS.
    If you have any feedback on our imaging APIs or on the competition, please post it here.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Kudos to fred.duarte, second winner in the "PureView Imaging Competition 2012Q2"

Congratulations Fred, you rock

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Kudos to fred.duarte, second winner in the "PureView Imaging Competition 2012Q2"

Congratulations fred. Really good job done.
    Keep it up.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Gongrats Fred! Your article was my favorite and I'm really glad to see it win. Just one request: Don't stop here

Congrats Fred, really is a great article!

Nokia Developer Champion

Congratulations Fred! Keep it up.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Nokia Developer Moderator

Congrats Fred!

daliusd

Congratulations, Fred! You are absolutely worth to win second round!

Fred, great work! And thank you very much for sharing your know-how, it will be very useful for other developers i think.

Wow! Just got the news.

Thanks hamishwillee and everyone else for the congrats!

If i've put a lot of effort on this article, that was because the competition was tough.

And it'll get a lot tougher now that 2 devices were added.
    Last edited by fred.duarte; 2012-06-01 at 16:13.

Nokia Developer Champion

Congratulations Fred!

Quote Originally Posted by fred.duarte View Post
    And it'll get a lot tougher now that 2 devices were added.
    I hope so, that's what makes it fun.