Discussion Board

Question How can i move/drag to a position,a nokia.maps.map.StandardMarker with a button event

How can i move/drag to a position,a nokia.maps.map.StandardMarker with a button event?

i want to move to a random place a StandardMarker when i load a page, or when i press a button, how can i call the event?

Regular Contributor

Re: How can i move/drag to a position,a nokia.maps.map.StandardMarker with a button e

You'll just need to add a JavaScript function such as moveRandomly() below and call it from the onclick() event of the button. A marker can be moved by calling Marker.set("coordinate", coord);

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html> 
    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="http://api.maps.nokia.com/2.2.0/jsl.js?routing=auto"></script>
        <title>Random Marker</title>
    </head>
    <body>

<div id="button" style="top:0%; width:100%; height:10%; position: absolute;"><input type="button" onclick="moveRandomly()" value="Press Me" /></div>
    <div id="mapContainer" style="top:10%; width:100%; height:70%; position: absolute;"></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Don't forget to set your API credentials
    //
    // Replace with your appId and token which you can obtain when you 
    // register on http://api.developer.nokia.com/ 
    //
    			nokia.Settings.set( "appId", "YOUR APP ID GOES HERE"); 
    			nokia.Settings.set( "authenticationToken", "YOUR AUTHENTICATION TOKEN GOES HERE");
    //			
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//initialize a new map 
    var display = new nokia.maps.map.Display(document.getElementById("mapContainer"), 
                         {     "components": [	
                                         new nokia.maps.map.component.ZoomBar(),                 
                                         new nokia.maps.map.component.Behavior(),                 
                                         new nokia.maps.map.component.TypeSelector()],     
                                         "zoomLevel": 13,
                                         "center" : [52.500556, 13.398889] }); 

// Place this anywhere in the world.
    var draggableMarker = new nokia.maps.map.StandardMarker([52.500556, 13.398889], 
    {  
    text:  "X",  
    brush: {color: '#FF0000'} ,                 
    draggable: true,                     
    });   
    // Add the marker to the map.

display.objects.add(draggableMarker); 

function moveRandomly(){
                    // This function will move a marker around the currently visible display.
    		var viewPort = display.getViewBounds();
    		 var coord = new nokia.maps.geo.Coordinate (viewPort.topLeft.latitude  - Math.random()*viewPort.getHeight(),
    		  viewPort.topLeft.longitude + Math.random()*viewPort.getWidth()
    		 );
    		 draggableMarker.set("coordinate", coord);
    }

</script> 
    </body> 
    </html>

Re: How can i move/drag to a position,a nokia.maps.map.StandardMarker with a button e

thanks! its a great example!