Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool I want all the users get updated with my new content automatically(symbian & C++)

I have a query regarding updates in my ovi content/application.

How to make the users download and install my updated content. Earlier 75000 users have downloaded my content. But Now I have updated my content with paid ADS my query is "I want all the users get updated with my new content automatically".

where will be the version number in Qt and symbian applications in .pkg file etc.

where to change the version number.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: I want all the users get updated with my new content automatically(symbian & C++)

I don't think there would be a way on automatically forcing all of the users to upgrade the application.

Super Contributor

Re: I want all the users get updated with my new content automatically(symbian & C++)

I dont want to force the users sir, instead I want to ask them whether they want to update the new so that they will know about the new update and if they wish they can update the new one.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    I dont want to force the users sir, instead I want to ask them whether they want to update the new so that they will know about the new update and if they wish they can update the new one.
    I suppose you should have written already in your first release something that connects somewhere to check if an update is available, and then tells the user whether it is, and then asks them to update. If you didn't already design such a feature in the deployed version, it is rather hard to get the app to do something for which it has no code/logic at all.

Now, you just have rely on them using the Nokia/Ovi Store app and for it to inform the user that an update is available.

Super Contributor

Anything to be include in the .pkg file etc. I changed the version number 1,0,0 to 2,0,0 will it work ?
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2012-06-05 at 12:47.

Surely you need to update version number, but it wont be bringing any additional automation

Super Contributor

Yucaa I just want the users to be notified about the new update. when they use my earlier published application/content

Super Contributor

[QUOTE=petrib;895623]I suppose you should have written already in your first release something that connects somewhere to check if an update is available, and then tells the user whether it is, and then asks them to update.

Petrib Something in the first release ?

Petrib means here that you should have had the functionality for checking the new versions implemented in previous version of your application.

Super Contributor

ok as of now i changed the version number in the .pkg file of symbian applications like

; standard SIS file header
    #{"App"},(0x200xxxxx),1,0,0

to

; standard SIS file header
    #{"App"},(0x200xxxxx),2,0,0

dear GTO
    I have the same problem ... I updated my application already published on nokia store, changing it from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0, but once published do not see any notification of the new version ...
    It would be nice to understand what the problem ..

Super Contributor

I can answer after my app gets published with the new version I have also changed the version as suggested by the seniors.