Discussion Board

Qt Generated .sis Error on Device

Hello to anyone reading,

I am attempting to develop an application/app for a Series 60 version 3 device, running Feature Pack 1 (FP1). I am using Qt to develop the app, and I am attempting to develop for FP1, so that all S60v3 devices can run the app, as FP2 is backward compatible.

However, I am experiencing various problems. I managed to solve them along the way, however there is one problem which I cannot solve, hence why I have created this topic; in hope for support.

I am testing on the Nokia E63, with the latest firmware from Nokia (NOT my operator). To develop for S60v3 devices, I need Qt 4.6; therefore I have downloaded Nokia Qt SDK 1.0, which is and should be compatible (please correct me accordingly, if incorrect, thank you). I have not installed anything else on my computer, other than Nokia Qt SDK 1.0, which should be enough to develop for S60v3 right? Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks again.

However, the problem: when I build the .sis file using QtCreator, and transfer the .sis onto the device, installation is perfectly fine with no errors whatsoever. The problem occurs once I attempt to run the app, I get the error "Feature not supported". Which with the help of these forums, have found that the app is not compatible with FP1.

How would I go about solving this issue? Thank you, and I appreciate all responses.

Re: Qt Generated .sis Error on Device

Hey
    Kindly share what your application is about, what features {such as Loaction, Messaging, GPRS} are you trying to use through your application?? kindly share these details, the software versions you are using are of no issues.
    Also install the .sis files of the Qt4.6.0 version onto your device. It can be found in the symbian folder.
    Hope it helps

Re: Qt Generated .sis Error on Device

Quote Originally Posted by ArifUllah View Post
    How would I go about solving this issue?

Maybe your app needs some capabilities.