Discussion Board

help me, packaging emptyproject

i creat a application for meego on qt4, but i can't creat a deb file in run setting, help me to creat, thanhks

Re: help me, packaging emptyproject

Incase you are using QTSDK for developing your application, it shall guide you in having the folder qtc_packaging/debian folder with all the necessary files.
    Please add them and then say run, you can see a debian package created in the same folder of your project.

Steps are here -
    http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...plication.html

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

in QCreator use master to create dummy application project. If you select application target Harmattan, debian package will be created automatically. Then you can add your functionality there

I paid the Nokia's support to obtain suggestions. They are with files.docx but I can't attach this file in this reply. Send me an e-mail to lucmath@orange.fr and I send you the file.docx

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Could you make digest or copy/paste the most relevant part of your document here to make the question. What is the problem do you face?

If you don't understand solution suggested by paid service you should keep you ticket opened and ask the service team for the suggestion details until your question is fully answered -- In paid service , as far as i know , the service works with customer until the customer is satisfied with solution. Customer shall give approval to the service team for the ticket closing. Think about the ticket re-opening. Please contact technical support.

Hi,
    Sure, it's important to share the knowledge. I explain the reason of my reply.
    Technic support gave me a solution in a file.docx and I closed the ticket without to know if it's really the good way to obtain the file.deb in order to publish an application. The text is below but I don't know how to extract the height pictures for put them in the reply. If you think to be able to do it, I send you this file my email lucmath@orange.

Qt SDK maintenance tool : harmattan target and qt components should be installed.
    Picture n1

Setup device support for n9 (Tools ->Options ->Linux Devices)
    Press ‘Add…’
    Picture 2

Use Madde support and “The kind of device:” Emulator
    Picture 3
    Press Next and Finish

Project settings for new project called ‘n9_deb_test’:
    Picture 4

Project folder before compiling. No .deb can be seen.
    Picture 5

‘Run’ for project without device connected.
    Picture 6

Full compile output:
    Picture 7
    After compile project folder contains .deb package for project:
    Picture 8

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

i understand, To proceed easiest way do:
    1. to be sure you have proper development environment download and install fresh the latest Qt SDK 1.2.1
    2. do the first step from your instruction
      Qt SDK maintenance tool : harmattan target and qt components should be installed
    3. open your project in creator. When prompted, point harmattan target platform. Debian package will be created automatically. Note to see platform target dialog selection , your project files shall not include <your_project_name>.pro.user file. This file contains your project settings from previous QCreator session.

another way is just to add harmattan target to platform target list in your project.
    when the project is opened ,
    1. go to "Projects" option in left sidebar of QCreator
    2. on the top of the main panel there are target listed that you can select. Each target has two buttons from left side - minus sign , from the right -- plus sign. Pressing Plus sign button will add one more target where you can choose harmattan. Debian package will be generated automatically

Please make sure you have valid , up-to-date Qt SDK installed!

I am beginning to be very desappointed, because I have two applications ready to be published. They work with Qt simulator N9, but it' impossible to install the file.deb in the remote device service. I believe to understand, that it's always impossible to obtain a correct file.deb

After the harmattan compilation, I have in my file.deb that I opened with bloc_note windows only numbers nul. Perhaps because I use XP and not windows 7.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

last year i built and deployed this project on N9 with no problems. I will check the latest SDK and come back to you with results.

To start i will take a Qt for Symbian project, QComponents based, and i am going to port, build and package it for Harmattan. Do you have similar initial conditions in your project?

Hi

my initial conditons seem similar. In order to find a solution and to have an understanding easiest , I describe the different files in my website https://sites.google.com/site/lucmat...e/pb-packaging.

Perhaps the pb is in the file.pro, so I put also on my website his contain.

I just buy the Nokia book "beginning Nk Apps Development" to try to understand where is the pb. The second difficulties is that I don't speak english fuently to understand all. The last possibility will be to find and to meet a french developper who accepts to help me during one day.

thanks you for your patience and have a good week-end

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Your project looks Ok - it contains generated debian package : "trackgame_0.0.1_armel.deb" You can try to install it on device.

To learn more about Harmattan please check porting guide to N9 from Symbian platform and wiki also
    getting your application ready for publishing on Nokia store

I did not face any problems with building project for n9 and running it on device. The latest SDK is ok. If you still have that problem , please detail your question.

Regards,
    Igor

I believe now to have understood where the problem comes from. All my applications are good on Qt simulator N9, I obtain also the file.deb, but it's impossible to check it on QEMU or to install them on the remote device service. I think it's because my file. pro is no good. I don't know the basic specifications that we must put in the file.pro for example :
    - to give the best path where installing the file.deb, the path where put the data ;
    - how and where to install the different file.icon or file.png or file.jpeg
    - how to do in order to the icon appears on the device.

That explain the remarks of QA
    ISSUE #1: SUMMARY: Application does not present an icon on the phone.
    ISSUE #2: SUMMARY: The application icon in Application Manager doesn’t match the icon in the application grid.

So I am interest by an example of a basic file.pro.

Currently my file.pro is :

CONFIG += qt-components mobility
    MOBILITY = location

SOURCES += \
    main.cpp \
    FenPrincipale.cpp \
    mobile.cpp \
    personnage.cpp \
    tableau.cpp \
    tir.cpp

HEADERS += \
    FenPrincipale.h \
    mobile.h \
    personnage.h \
    tableau.h \
    tir.h

OTHER_FILES += \
    ressources.rc \
    qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/rules \
    qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/README \
    qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/manifest.aegis \
    qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/copyright \
    qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/control \
    qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/compat \
    qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan/changelog \

RC_FILE = ressources.rc // this file contain the line : IDI_ICON1 ICON DISCARDABLE "TRACKGAME.ICO"

contains(MEEGO_EDITION,harmattan) {
    target.path = /opt/trackgame/bin
    INSTALLS += target
    }

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Please see my answers below :
    - to give the best path where installing the file.deb, the path where put the data ;
    - how and where to install the different file.icon or file.png or file.jpeg
    - how to do in order to the icon appears on the device.
    project .pro does not specify neither installation path nor application icon. Instead, installation path and application icon are specified in the following file : for N9 device <your_project_name>_harmattan.desktop, for maemo5 : <your_project_name>.desktop. The both files are generated for you by QCreator when you create new project targeted Harmattan or Maemo5. If you want to add those files to already existed project , then just generate new dummy project and take those files from it.
    Maemo5 and Harmattan support only png format for app icon. The icon size shall be 80 px for Harmattan and 64px for maemo.

The second question
    ISSUE #2: SUMMARY: The application icon in Application Manager doesn’t match the icon in the application grid.
    --- the main point is -- application icon and application installation icons are different things. Application icon i explained above , as for app installation icon that appears in Application manager -- use QCreator to modify it by following manual article

And the last point
    All my applications are good on Qt simulator N9, I obtain also the file.deb, but it's impossible to check it on QEMU or to install them on the remote device service
    As i understand you use Symbian simulator target with appearance N9. In fact you should use QEMU or device. I have checked Remote Device service -- it sucks -- it is almost not possible to use it -- so if you don't have real device -- QEMU is only real option.
    But about Symbian --- since you are able to run your app on Symbian emulator why don't you targeting Symbian device also? You can make conditional build in your project.

Hi,

I am going to try your advice. After almost one month to try packaging my applications, I find that it's more difficult to package a project than to create it, because they are always something which doesn't work. That explains why I don't try targeting another devices except N9. It will be certainely my last attempt. Thanks you very much for all.

Best regards