Discussion Board

Thumbs down App not working in phone

My app worked great in the simulator in the cloud and now that is finished I tried it in the device (c3 and x3-02) in both cases most images are not working and many css attributes as simple as background color or background url are not working.
    I have no idea what could cause this, in the initial state of the app one month ago I tested the html (without the dinamic content) and it was working in the device.
    What's concerning is that in the cloud simulator it's working perfect.

Also the screens are ok when I deploy by url and take the ?type=webapp from the url, but if I add that it's not working.

Any ideas?

Super Contributor

Re: App not working in phone

Hi,

This could be due to quotation marks in generated HTML (just a guess since I haven't seen your code). The simulator is more forgiving in these cases than the device.

Code:
    document.getElementById("btn").innerHTML = "<div onclick=\'mwl.toggle(\"#tg1\");return false;\'>wrong</div>";
    document.getElementById("btn2").innerHTML = "<div onclick=\"mwl.toggle(\'#tg1\');return false;\">right</div>";
    In those cases where CSS attributes are not working, are the rest of the attributes applied correctly? I.e. if you have set width and bg-color, only bg-color is missing but width works for selected element?

Br,
    Ilkka

Hi Ilkka,
    Thanks for your answer. You showed 2 cases, which one should be used? Is it better to mix simple and double quotation marks, or to escape them with \?

Also screen.width is not working for us, it's always displaying the app in 320x240. This happening on real device, not sure if the screen.width value works on simulator since it's always showing 172px (I don't know why).

Thanks
    Pam

Super Contributor

Hi,

The one that says "right" is the correct way to do it
    "Wrong" does work on simulator, but not on a actual device.

In simple cases it is enough to mix single and double quotation marks, but when content gets complicated (like setting params for MWL calls), well have to start escaping those.

Have you tried window.innerWidth & window.innerHeight? they do work for me on the device.

Br,
    Ilkka