Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Does the qtmobility's gsensor have problem?

Dear izinin:

After QA testing, I got the same issue from QA report.
    I think that the smart install need upgrade QT component, but it cann't.
    So I think that it need build using Qt4.7.3 which is better.

ISSUE #2: SUMMARY: There is an error message 'Home Screen: Feature not support' displayed when launching the application.
    STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    1. Download and install the content.
    2. Launch the application.
    ACTUAL RESULTS: When launching the application, there is an error message 'Home Screen: Feature not support' displayed.
    EXPECTED RESULT: Features and controls in the content file must function as specified.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia 701. Firmware: 111.010.1009.
    FREQUENCY REPRODUCED: 100%.

Jacky

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Jacky

'Home Screen: Feature not support' is not related to mobility sensor use.

You cannot install Qt4.7.3 on Belle (111.010.1009) because you cannot point Qt version dependency in SmartInstaller it is done automatically.
    To explore your device environment (even in Remote Device service) you can use QInfo utility available in binary installer form from http://projects.developer.nokia.com/qtinfo project.

I re-checked accelerometer test with N700 , Firmware: 111.010.1009

On that test i refer many times during that conversation thread and the point is in problem analysis we need first to localize the problem and accelerometer test proves your problem is not related to Mobility sensors at all.

Here is my device environment dump from QInfo utility:
    Code:
    Qt info
    Below you can see the details of your current Qt installation.

Qt version 4.7.4 
    Qt build Fri Aug 19 2011, Symbian full-config, Open Source 
    Country UnitedKingdom 
    Language English (en_GB) 
    Qt modules QtCore QtDeclarative QtGui QtMultimedia phonon QtNetwork QtOpenGL QtOpenVG QtScript QtSql QtSvg QtTest QtWebKit QtXmlPatterns QtXml QtBearer QtConnectivity QtContacts QtFeedback QtGallery QtLocation QtMultimediaKit QtSensors QtServiceFramework QtSystemInfo QtOrganizer QtPublishSubscribe QtVersitOrganizer QtVersit  
    OS / Firmware 5.3 / 111.010.1009 
    Screen (0) 360x640, 32b 
    Library path C:/Private/a00002d6 
    Plugin path \resource\qt\plugins 
    Import path \resource\qt\imports 
    Image formats bmp, gif, ico, jpeg, jpg, mng, pbm, pgm, png, ppm, svg, svgz, tif, tiff, xbm, xpm 

Mobility
    Version 1.2.0 
    Hardware features Bluetooth, Camera, Memory card, USB, Vibra, WiFi, SIM, GPS, Haptics 
    Sensors QTapSensor, QMagnetometer, QOrientationSensor, QAmbientLightSensor, QAccelerometer, QProximitySensor, QCompass, QRotationSensor
    I do not observe 'Home Screen: Feature not support'. Please let me know what else API your app employs. Do you use home widget?

Regards,
    Izinin

Dear izinin:

On 2012-07-03, I install the following component manually and till now my N700 phone still can work fine with APP with sensor.
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\sis\Symbian_Anna\Qt\4.7.4\Qt-4.7.403-for-Anna.sis
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\sis\Symbian_Anna\QtMobility\1.2.1\QtMobility-1.2.1-for-Anna.sis
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\sis\Symbian_Anna\QtQuickComponents\1.1\QtQuickComponents-1.1-for-Anna-Belle.sis

Sorry for that I cannot reinstall the old qtMobility to test the error case. (When I install the old qtmobility in the QtCreator2.3.0, and phone display "Expire Certificate")

The QtInfo as follows: (But now APP can work in my phone. But cannot pass the QA's phone.)
    Qt version : 4.7.4
    Qt build : Fri Oct 21 2011, Symbian full-config, Open Source
    Language : English (en_TW)
    OS / Firmware : 5.3 / 111.010.1009
    Mobility
    version : 1.2.1

It seems that if QtMobility is not match or not install, launch the APP will display the 'Home Screen: Feature not support'.
    And the application don't use the Home widget.

Jacky

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Jacky,

It seems that if QtMobility is not match or not install, launch the APP will display the 'Home Screen: Feature not support'.
    And the application don't use the Home widget.
    That is only your assumption. Tell me more about home widget in your app. There is only one way to implement Home Screen as use hybrid application with web run time -- all other hacks require custom build and thus manual component installation like that port from Symbian 5-th ed..

Store does not accept system components embedded to your installation file. You have to use Smart Installer and specify component dependecies as for example QComponents . Qt and QMobility dependency cannot be separated.

If you like to know how to implement HomeScreen i can elaborate the idea of Qt hybrid application.

For now i suggest you to exclude HomeScreen from your app and submit it to Store. Then try to create next release with HomeScreen and update your published application.

You can check your application on arbitrary device and see what user would see with you app, by using Remote Device Access service.

Regards,
    Igor