Discussion Board

[moved] LWUIT Textarea with multilines

I switch from lcdui to lwuit because lwuit enable me to add 2 textareas to one screen. You can not do it with lcdui. However, I am facing the following problem.

I want to use numeric 1 to 9 only with the two symbol * and # which is placed on the left and right at the bottom of phone keypad below digit 7 and 9. So, I set the textarea constraint to PHONENUMBER (TextField.PHONENUMBER). I am using Nokia C1 with Series 40 6th Edition SDK. How to go to the nextline, similiar to the desktop computer keyboard ENTER key? I press arrow down key on the phone keypad, it does not go to new line.

Highly appreciate if someone can guide me. If you need a fee, please contact me at kenthan@gmail.com

Thank you.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] LWUIT Textarea with multilines

Hi, note that this site has specific area for Mobile Java stuff. Your question is moved there now.
    For future reference, you can find the board set from the "root" page, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...sion/forum.php, it is part of the second big category ("Development Platforms"), just you usually have to scroll a bit downwards unless you have a really high resolution display...

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: [moved] LWUIT Textarea with multilines

Quote Originally Posted by kenthan View Post
    I switch from lcdui to lwuit because lwuit enable me to add 2 textareas to one screen. You can not do it with lcdui. However, I am facing the following problem.

I want to use numeric 1 to 9 only with the two symbol * and # which is placed on the left and right at the bottom of phone keypad below digit 7 and 9. So, I set the textarea constraint to PHONENUMBER (TextField.PHONENUMBER). I am using Nokia C1 with Series 40 6th Edition SDK. How to go to the nextline, similiar to the desktop computer keyboard ENTER key? I press arrow down key on the phone keypad, it does not go to new line.

Highly appreciate if someone can guide me. If you need a fee, please contact me at kenthan@gmail.com

Thank you.
    With TextField.PHONENUMBER constrain it mighht not be possible to get a nextline character directly in the text Area, instead of the constrain - try using a data change listener on this text area and do a manual filter to limit the characters entered to 1 to 9 , *, # and enter Char(13) or \n\r.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps