Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Nokia Drive under locked screen on WP7 (feature request)

Hi all,

I have a Nokia Lumia 800 of which I'm very happy. One of the reasons I like the phone is Nokia Drive with the offline maps. I have a motorcycle and I often go traveling in Netherlands and in the countries around, and with the offline maps I save a lot in terms of data consumption.

However, I would like it even more if it had the possibility to run under locked screen. Basically I need only the turn-by-turn voice commands, as I keep my phone in my jacket's pocket, and only listen to the commands in the headphone. Currently it does not run under locked screen, and i have to leave the phone open.

There are two problems with this. First is that while open in my pocket I could press something and close the application or stop the navigation which would be very inconvenient if it happens while I'm driving. It didn't happen so far, but there is a possibility. Second, is the battery life. I think it would save a lot of battery to have the screen turned off.

I think this would be a great feature to have for motorcyclists and bicyclists. Does anyone know how to contact the Nokia Drive dev team to make the feature request?

Thank you,
    Eugen

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Nokia Drive under locked screen on WP7 (feature request)

Hi Eugen and welcome to Nokia's Discussion Boards,

Thank you for your feedback and your detailed description of how you would like to expand your Nokia Drive experience on Lumia 800.

I assume that you have noticed this issue, after having updated your device software to the latest release.

I have now forwarded your comments and your feature request to the Nokia Drive Team. I will update this post with any comments the Nokia Drive Team provides related to your request.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am waiting for the response from the Nokia Drive Team. I would be very happy if this would be possible.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Eugen,

Nokia Drive Team is now aware of your feature request and it has been added to their "wish-to-have" list items. However, I am not in a position to provide any information on if and when this feature will be implemented in Nokia Drive.
    I can assure you, nevertheless, that your request will be examined.