Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Updating my maps

I developed my site ages ago, and just noticed that down the bottom it still says Ovi Maps 2010!
    So I jumped on the API website and it's all updated.

After 5 seconds of investigating I thought that changing the Library I loaded would update the maps. I.e. putting in this:
    <script src="http://api.maps.nokia.com/2.2.0/jsl.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

But it didn't work - still 2010 maps with the old colour scheme. To save me investigating could someone quickly let me know how to update my maps so they show more up to date looking maps?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Updating my maps

A short guide to updating from Ovi Maps can be found here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...m-for-Maps-API

It should be as easy as you describe, just alter the JS library in the <script> tag and change namespaces where necessary. My hunch would be that the page you are checking has been cached in your browser, and you need to empty your cache to in order to see the upgraded map.

If you post the URL of your site onto the forum, you may be able to get some more specific advice.

Regular Contributor

Re: Updating my maps

Thanks. I'll do that when I have a chance. I have a few OVI references, I think I do some Geocoding so I might have some work to do there. Unfortunately I can't link to the website :( I sent Maverick a link a long time ago if you want to have a look at it yourself.