Discussion Board

SMS I/O Control Application via Evaluation Module

Hi All,

I am trying to do SMS I/O Control Application using the Nokia M2M Evaluation Module.

I have a Nokia 31 and don't know how to set it up to work with the Evaluation Module. There seems to be a lot of tutorials on how to set up a Terminal with the Gateway, but not much on how to do it with the Evaluation Module.

I would like to be able to send SMS commands such as "SET_DO_PIN_2_ON", so it can turn on Digital Output Pin 2 on the Evaluaion Module Board.

Currently my Nokia 31 works as a GSM Modem that takes AT commands. If i connect it to the Evaluation Module, then I can configure it via M2M Protocol using the RS-232 port on the Evaluation Module, but I do not know what to do next.

Any help would be great!
    Thanks,

Confused, please Clarify

Hi,

I am trying to do what is outlined in Secion 7.2 of the pdf "M2M_Appl_Dev_Kit_Product_Guide_v1_0.pdf".

For those that do not have this pdf, it claims there is an example application for the evaluation module called "SMS I/O Control", which is written in C.

My problem is, I cannot seem to find this example app anywhere! It is not located on the CD that came with my evaluation module, and it is not in any of the versions of the Nokia M2M ADK that I have downloaded off various Nokia sites.

The CD that came with my evaluaion module came with a utility (Evaluation Module SMS IO Control Configurator) to configure this app once it has been uploaded to the evaluation module, but the App itself it missing.

Where can I find this example? It would be very helpful for what I am doing.

(or am I mistaken, and SMS I/O is not an app and is a feature built-in the evaluation module. If this is so, how can I use it? the pdf says to simply send the Connectivity Terminal a sms like "PASSWORD SET_DO_PIN_3_ON"), but it seems like my N31 handles this SMS as a normal message and causes LED1 to blink red/green.)

I would greatly love any feedback,
    Alok
    (alok.ghosh@osellus.com)

Team,

I found a copy of the sms_io utilitie. After adding the extra lines in the makefile and compiling it, I flashed the Evaluation Module, set the switch to M2M System Mode (from Local Mode), and it is now working correctly.

Thanks for you help,
    Alok