Discussion Board

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Exclamation Are you ready for Series 40 Full Touch

I highly recommend that the Series 40 developers join one of these webinars if possible. Let your friends know too.

Read about and register for them on the Blog

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Blogs...40-full-touch/

Let your friends know too sign up too. Developing apps for Series 40 will open entire untapped markets.

Ron

Re: Are you ready for Series 40 Full Touch

Another good place to check out is the new Asha Touch Competition. Not only are there prizes for wiki articles, but you can also get a prize for providing the best feedback for tools and SDKs.

Asha Touch provides smartphone-like features and performance on lower cost devices, so it really is a platform that's worth investigating.

I still dont understand Nokia marketing people. Why they keep selling S40 phones which are very limited and do not compete with any other product in prices or features (against android low price devices).

If Nokia marketing is smart, i suggest the put Symbian Belle FP2 in S40 devices, and they offer a very professional and stable OS (touch) at a very low price. This will improve nokia sales a lot. As symbian is a Nokia 100% own software.

Nokia Team: Try to be more aggressive in the market and offer low price phones with a very good OS like Symbian Belle FP2 (upcoming). This will push nokia sales.
    Unfortunately, S40 phones are useless phones, no software, very limited, and non attractive OS. Do this change, and sales will push UP. Else, this S40 phone do not compete with android nowadays.

Nokia Developer Moderator

I think you are not too familiar with Series 40 devices.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    I think you are not too familiar with Series 40 devices.
    I dont see any benefit to buy a S40 phone against an android device.
    Techincally, an android device is much better, more software, more flexible, nicer.

So, i still dont know why Nokia keep offering S40 phones (featured phones) which are now out of the market everywhere. S40 could not compete with android.

Instead, adding Symbian belle to mass and low price phones, will give nokia a bigger sword to fight.

Just see figures and sales, S40 is out of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by droopy123 View Post
    I dont see any benefit to buy a S40 phone against an android device.
    Techincally, an android device is much better, more software, more flexible, nicer.

So, i still dont know why Nokia keep offering S40 phones (featured phones) which are now out of the market everywhere. S40 could not compete with android.

Instead, adding Symbian belle to mass and low price phones, will give nokia a bigger sword to fight.

Just see figures and sales, S40 is out of the market.
    nice trolling. for the record, Series 40 is based on Nokia OS. and for amounts of sold devices you can look at for example here: http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/01...m-every-second

@bloodredsky

Sales volume is related to low price. If you replace obsolete S40 OS, with Symbian Belle FP2, you will sell 4 times more aprox or more, as you offer a smartphone at a price of a feature phone.
    Thats how android do, offer low price smartphones.

I think Nokia must rent a good marketing team, as i notice it is extremely necessary in Nokia Headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by droopy123 View Post
    If you replace obsolete S40 OS, with Symbian Belle FP2
    This is exactly what I am referring to in #4. Operating systems are not interchangeable at will. The name is Series 40 not S40, and it is not an OS. The devices are very different from recent Symbian devices. As a troll you probably have not checked the specs, but full touch Series 40 devices are 240x400. "Touch and Type" devices are 240x320. Also there are completely touch-less ones even among the newest models (Nokia 110-111-112).
    And of course Symbian Belle FP2 is something you have started spreading in your very first post on this site. There are no Nokia sources indicating or even denying the existence of anything like that. Based on that the Nokia 808 PureView has Nokia Belle FP1 on it, it would be easy to produce a better guess for naming a hypothetical update anyway.

yes ,i am --> i have ready for make app in S40 Full touch
    but i have qustion for any body , how about gesture in S40 full touch , in my a nother phone my app for gesture look like
    but in S40 full touch my app very slowly ,

Hi JTK-POLBAN, I have put a copy of your question into the Java discussion boards, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...-40-Full-Touch, consider keeping an eye on that discussion thread too.