Discussion Board

Thread: Help me please

Help me please

Hello,

I want to develop Java-based application nokia 2700 but I do not know how to do so. Can you help? I want to do the following: daily prayers five times each day and each time the phone will automatically mute again after time set for the return to a normal state.I need a simple code for example. If you are requesting assistance and thank you very much possible.

Aziz
    Last edited by aziz.kurtulus; 2012-06-28 at 06:22.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Help me please

Hi aziz.kurtulus and welcome to Nokia Discussions Board,

Nokia 2700 device is based on Series 40 5th Edition, Feature Pack 1 SDK. You can download S40 Java SDKs from here. But As far as I know there is no Java ME API can do phone profile mute.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello Aziz

You have good idea about application that automatically controls sound profile settings on device. There are similar apps commercially available on Nokia Store. As you may think no-one will provide you already made sample especially for that functionality. If you like to learn programming you need do it by yourself. There are plenty of tutorials in all technology areas.

Your question is too generic. If you have a particular question, it will be answered here

Regards,
    Igor

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. For example: on hour 13:00 my phone must be on silent mode for 30 minutes or must block all calls or must disable all calls in this time. Is it possible? Re thanks.

Aziz

Super Contributor

@aziz Please note that your phone 2700C is a Series 40 5th Edition, Feature Pack 1 device and in this device you can only develop applications using Java. With the currently available Java API's its not possible to Mute the Ring tones/silent the phone and its also not possible to block all calls with Java. The possible alternative would be to develop the same app in Symbian.

Hope this helps ?

Regards
    Gopal