Discussion Board

Hybrid View

My Lumia 800 developer device screen issue

Hi,
    Very bad news. My Lumia 800 developer device suddenly has a black screen (no scratch or drop to the toilet). Then I take it to local Nokia Care office for checking and the conclusion is my screen is unfunctional (when the service staff replace with another screen it works). But my device is not in the warranty so they will charge me more than 300 SGD to replace a new screen (I received the device from Nokia through DHL this January). So what should I do now? Send the device back to Nokia developer team for repair? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

regards,
    pigling

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: My Lumia 800 developer device screen issue

Quote Originally Posted by pigling View Post
    Hi,
    Very bad news. My Lumia 800 developer device suddenly has a black screen (no scratch or drop to the toilet). Then I take it to local Nokia Care office for checking and the conclusion is my screen is unfunctional (when the service staff replace with another screen it works). But my device is not in the warranty so they will charge me more than 300 SGD to replace a new screen (I received the device from Nokia through DHL this January). So what should I do now? Send the device back to Nokia developer team for repair? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

regards,
    pigling
    The devices are provided as is with no warranty. You should check your email that you got back then and contact them directly and see what they have to say. How much is 300 SGD in dolars or euro? I'm curious because my kid dropped my phone and made some scraches on the screen and I'm considering having it fixed.

Regular Contributor

Sort of off-topic, but you can run easy currency conversions (as well as other conversions) by going to www.google.com and then type to the search field "300 SGD to eur".
    You can try the same with "5inch to cm".

And on topic: sorry to hear the display stopped working. You should contact the logistics via email as joaocardoso suggested.

300SGD may be about 250 USD. In fact, I initially don't plan to fix it if I had dropped it on the ground. But the problem is that screen can't turn on any longer which stops me from using it as personal or development device (AND I NEVER DROP IT DOWN TO GROUND). This really frustrates me.

Anyway, some Nokia developer team guy has already contacted me for more details. Thanks.

Even my friend had a problem with his developer device Lumia 800, His phone is not turning on at all. Did you contact DDP? what they had to say about it??