Discussion Board

Minimize the application with alert message when RED(on-hook) button pressed

Hi all,

I developed symbian application. Now i want add one feature in that i.e when ever user pressed Red button I want to catch that red button events and minimize the application after coming to home screen i want to show alert like "You have pressed on-hook key! Application will switch to background.\nClick OK and Open Application to bring it to foreground!" with OK button. So that user can press OK button and open the application.

Please can any suggest to get this feature...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Minimize the application with alert message when RED(on-hook) button pressed

I would suggest checking our wiki : http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...3rd_edition%3F

Re: Minimize the application with alert message when RED(on-hook) button pressed

Thanks yucca. But i after sending my app to background in foreground i want alert message. For that i am using CAknGlobalConfirmationQuery and showing message like "You have pressed on-hook key! Application will switch to background.\nClick OK and Open Application to bring it to foreground!" but this message disappearing and my app exiting automatically after 30 secs. I am using following code for Message showing.

CAknGlobalConfirmationQuery* QlobalQ = CAknGlobalConfirmationQuery::NewL();
    CleanupStack::PushL(QlobalQ);

TRequestStatus theStat = KRequestPending;

QlobalQ->ShowConfirmationQueryL(theStat, aMessage, R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_EMPTY);
    User::WaitForRequest(theStat);

CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(QlobalQ);
    if(theStat.Int() == EAknSoftkeyOk)
    {
    return ETrue;
    }
    Can you pls let me know why my app exiting(crashing) automatically after 30 secs.

your application is crashing, so check the panic code: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ded_panic_code

I would also suggest not using WaitForRequest, but actually using real active object implementation. Wiki should have examples for Symbian c++ which you could work with.

Since my Emulator is not working (Home screen feature not supported when launching application using Emulator) i couldn't able to find what kind of panic it is. I don't know what to use instead WaitForRequest. I didn't get the proper method to get request status. Can you pls suggest what type of method can we use in place of WaitForRequest?

Please read what I write last time, i.e follow the link & do check our wiki examples.