Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sis raising error "required application access not granted" while installation

I am trying to install a sis file on my device but when I install it, it raises follwing error:

"required application access not granted"

When I compile my code from commandline,it generates follwing warnings:

"Can't find following headers in System Include Path"

which is preventing my code from complete compilation. I tried using

USERINCLUDE \inc //header file folders

but still not able to make the code compile.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: sis raising error "required application access not granted" while installation

Why are you compiling it from command line ? I would suggest using real IDE.

anyway, you should check which headers are missing, and see why they are reported missing. could indeed be that you just forgot to add include path into your mmp file.

The installation error is caused by the fact that you are trying to use self-made certificate with application which requires actual developer certificate.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: sis raising error "required application access not granted" while installation

Hi

You mentioned about two problems not related each other , otherwise how did you make the application package with broken compilation.

"required application access not granted" -error message pops up when the certificate does not support required application capabilities. Perhaps the app declares strong capabilities that are not supported by developer certificate. see more info on symbian signed errors and hints

As for compilation error , please provide more information on the error what is the error and what is the target platform you use. For Example on Symbian^3 target use macro
    APP_LAYER_SYSTEMINCLUDE
    in your project to be able to find system headers

earlier also I tested some apps with same capabilities,they installed well. But getting this error in this app only

Moreover,I am using a developer certificate for signing sis.

then you should check what capabilities are defined for the application, and see that your developer certificate includes all of the capabilities.

And how to check that ??

Basically can you see what capabilities are defined in the mmp file first, and copy paste them here.

And then you could tell me the source for the developer certificate.

I am using a symbian signed certificate for my e71 device. My app has following capabilities:

LocalServices NetworkControl NetworkServices ReadDeviceData ReadUserData SwEvent UserEnvironment WriteDeviceData WriteUserData

Can you try whether the error goes away if you remove the NetworkControl capability ?

if you are using your own Symbian signed account with own publisher ID, you should though have this capability. Note also that if you are getting any build errors, your exe is not created, so you need to fix the errors first.

You could delete the sis file, and delete executable source files identified in your pkg to be certain that you get freshly build files with changes in them.

But I need this capability in my app

I did not say that you would not get it, I simply asked you to try out, so we could determine if it is that particular capability which is giving the problem.

And if it is, then we should determine why the certificate does not have the capability.

Also, are you having valid publisher ID linked to your Symbian signed account ?

na.. I am not having any Publisher ID linked to my account

Actually, My account is not a verified account. So I can n't use this capability. Is there any alternative by which my app can use this capability ??

Ok, that is the real problem then. Basically As far as I know, you would need to have Publisher ID for the mentioned capability, without one, you could not get the application signed. Also Nokia Store signing would not help on this case.

So, you would either need to get the Publisher ID, or find ways on not needing this capability.

So which functionality you are requiring this capability for ?