×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shimoga, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    18

    Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Help! I am having problem with emulator. I am facing this problem from yesterday night.

    When I run/ debug the program form Nokia IDE javaME(eclipse), emulator shows loading even after completing 100%. I tried opening the emulator separately, same problem.

    I tried re-installing emulator and even whole IDE, Still the problem exists.

    Please help!. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Make sure that you kill all zombie emulator processes and javaw.exe, then try again.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shimoga, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    18

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Still same problem. Even tried with restarting the system. Is there any way to clear the preference, temp, settings of emulator??

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Might be a bug in Nokia IDE itself. I suppose you are using the newly released full touch SDK.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shimoga, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    18

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Quote Originally Posted by ramkashyap17 View Post
    Might be a bug in Nokia IDE itself. I suppose you are using the newly released full touch SDK.
    Yes.. Full touch SDK

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bangalore , India
    Posts
    4,429

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Works fine for me with Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java Emulator. Do you have any other Series 40 emulator installed ? Does it work ?

    Regards
    Gopal

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    555

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Hi adarsha_saraff

    Can you please let me know what your system configuration is, so that I can report this?

    I would need your Windows version (e.g. Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit) and your Java version (try java -version from a command prompt).

    Do you succeed in launching the Emulator the first time but you fail loading it after a re-launch?

    Do you have more than one JDK installed in your system?
    Last edited by skalogir; 2012-07-13 at 09:39.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shimoga, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    18

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    System Configuration:
    Intel i3 - 2120 CPU @ 3.30 GHz
    Ram- 2 GB
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1

    Java version - 1.6.0_33
    java SE Run time Environment - 1.6.0_33-b03
    Java HotSpot Client VM - 20.8-b03

    I have only on JDK installed.

    I am using Nokia SDK 2.0 (beta), Integrated IDE.

    I was able to launch emulator successfully, I have launched more than 20 times. But from yesterday night I am not able to launch emulator.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shimoga, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    18

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks View Post
    Works fine for me with Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java Emulator. Do you have any other Series 40 emulator installed ? Does it work ?
    It was also working fine for me. Don't know, whats wrong now with it. Nokia java sdk 1.1 emulator is working fine now also. but problem with Nokia java sdk 2.0

  10. #10
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bangalore , India
    Posts
    4,429

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Quote Originally Posted by adarsha_saraff View Post
    I was able to launch emulator successfully, I have launched more than 20 times. But from yesterday night I am not able to launch emulator.
    Do you remember yesterday you modified any emulator settings or did you install any other software or Did you change your anti virus settings ? I remember once one Antivirus was blocking my Nokia emulator

    Regards
    Gopal

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shimoga, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    18

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks View Post
    Do you remember yesterday you modified any emulator settings or did you install any other software or Did you change your anti virus settings ? I remember once one Antivirus was blocking my Nokia emulator
    No i didn't. I haven't go for changing emulator settings and Not antivirus problem, i guess.. It is showing loading image and taking nearly 10-15 min for completing, but it will struck at 100%. only the images of phones in loading screen changes.

  12. #12
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bangalore , India
    Posts
    4,429

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Quote Originally Posted by adarsha_saraff View Post
    No i didn't. I haven't go for changing emulator settings and Not antivirus problem, i guess.. It is showing loading image and taking nearly 10-15 min for completing, but it will struck at 100%. only the images of phones in loading screen changes.
    Sounds like SDK team should look into this as I am unable to reproduce the same.

    Regards
    Gopal

  13. #13
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    555

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your issue, either, but I have reported this to the SDK team.

    Given that you have started experiencing this since yesterday, please let us know, if you can eventually think of something that has changed in your system configuration or if any software updates or other software was installed on your PC since then, as gopal mentioned.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shimoga, Karnataka, India
    Posts
    18

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Quote Originally Posted by skalogir View Post
    Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your issue, either, but I have reported this to the SDK team.

    Given that you have started experiencing this since yesterday, please let us know, if you can eventually think of something that has changed in your system configuration or if any software updates or other software was installed on your PC since then, as gopal mentioned.
    I have no idea about any software updates, may be by windows. I will try, installing SDK on different drive. Let you know, if problem still arise..

  15. #15
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    555

    Re: Nokia SDK 2.0 emulator does not opens

    Thanks for your input. You might want to try to integrate the SDK to NetBeans or Eclipse Pulsar and let us know if that works.

Similar Threads

  1. PHP + XHTML: Opens with Nokia notepad
    By xonsuns in forum Browsing and Mark-ups
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-12-17, 18:26
  2. application opens only after 2 tries
    By aavi in forum Symbian
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010-10-10, 15:31
  3. Emulator opens and terminates immediately
    By svendalf in forum Mobile Java Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-10-14, 15:34
  4. symbian application opens new windows
    By arzunk in forum Open C/C++
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-10-15, 05:22
  5. App opens then closes immediately
    By Rocco77 in forum Symbian
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2005-11-21, 10:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×