Discussion Board

using .lib into .mmp depending on SDK

Hi,
    till now I've tried to use same base source code for all Symbian platforms (from 3rd MR to Symbian^3) using directives into code, e.g. like this
    Code:
    #ifndef __SERIES60_30__
    #endif
    with various platform macro combinations.
    So far so good.
    Now I need to use TExtendedConnPref and TConnAPPref for Symbian^3 devices, so i need to include extendedconnpref.lib and coreproviders.lib, not available for e.g. 3rd MR. Is there a way to link against .lib depending from SDK in use? I'd prefer not to copy libraries into old SDK just to make compiler happy if they are not used anyway.
    Thank you in advance for any hint,
    regards
    pg

Regular Contributor

Re: using .lib into .mmp depending on SDK

Hi,

how did you setup your build process? Do you have different projects/binaries for each platform?

Nokia Developer Moderator

As far as I remember you can not get the SDK version in the .mmp file. But I can remember it wrong, there were countless discussions about this topic.
    A possible workaround can be putting a marker file into the SDK-s (say epoc32\include\PGVersion.stuff), and put some #define/s into it.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    As far as I remember you can not get the SDK version in the .mmp file. But I can remember it wrong, there were countless discussions about this topic.
    A possible workaround can be putting a marker file into the SDK-s (say epoc32\include\PGVersion.stuff), and put some #define/s into it.
    hmmm... yes.... i vaguely remember something about this marker file in a thread here around, i'll look into my bookmarks.... at that time i didn't like the idea because a developer after me would have to change a new SDK installation.... but if this is the only way....

Quote Originally Posted by lapetron View Post
    Hi,

how did you setup your build process? Do you have different projects/binaries for each platform?
    only one project, only one source tree, only one .inf and .mmp, three builds: for 3rd, for 5th, for Symbian3.... with a little bit of care i didn't need to use different lib or new features.... till now :-)

thnx,
    regards
    pg

Hi,

I haven't used it, but at least at some point there was a macro/flag, SYMBIAN_ENABLE_SPLIT_HEADERS, which was defined when building on Symbian^3 SDK (but not on S60 SDKs), and seems to have worked in MMP files also. Not sure if it can still be used with the current SDKs.

If the split headers macro doesn't work, you could also check, using makmake's verbose mode (makmake -v yourproject.mmp gcce), if there are any other MMP macro differences between the SDKs.

Thank you TongMuan!!
    I've just tried what you suggested and using

Code:
    #ifdef SYMBIAN_ENABLE_SPLIT_HEADERS         // for including Symbian^3 libs only
    LIBRARY extendedconnpref.lib                
    #endif
    i'm able to use only one .mmp for the three different builds, compiler doesn't complain :-)
    i still have to verify executables, but i'm confident there'll be no pbs
    regards
    pg