Discussion Board

Question Get IMEI on asha

I'm facing a problem with getting the IMEI on asha devices , I have found a link describing how to get the imei in In-App purchase
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...se_and_Java_ME

the application work s well on simulator but when i have tried to launch it on the real device i got the following error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:com.nokia.mid.payment.IAPClientPaymentListener
    at java.lang.class.forNameImpl
    at java.lang.class.forName
    at ...rtCldc.loadApplicationClass
    at ...rt.jvm.loadApplicationClass
    at.................................................
    so what should i do to get the imei on real devices?????

Super Contributor

Re: Get IMEI on asha

Read about the property com.nokia.mid.imei on http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...roperties.html

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Rondooo23,

From your error description "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:com.nokia.mid.payment.IAPClientPaymentListener", says that the class com.nokia.mid.payment.IAPClientPaymentListener is not found in the device. Please read following text in the article

Please note that restoration can only be performed for Nokia DRM-protected content. Restoration of DRM-protected content currently cannot be tested before the application is published and the content is DRM-protected by Nokia Store. We therefore use the In-App Purchase Simulation of Nokia's SDK 1.1 for Java, for running and testing the MIDlet. The application consists of following commands:
    if you are looking only how to get IMEI then use following code
    String imei = System.getProperty("com.nokia.mid.imei");

hi again,

thank you for your reply,
    but i already tried "com.nokia.mid.imei" but without any success..it is always returning NULL since as i read it should be signed from Nokia or from operators which i cant get it now!! i need to test my app before sending it to Nokia ..any method to accomplish my test on real devices???

Thank you

Nokia Developer Expert

which Nokia device tried the imei code? you know devices based on 1.0 or later, don't have to sign operator or manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by bandarap View Post
    which Nokia device tried the imei code? you know devices based on 1.0 or later, don't have to sign operator or manufacturer.
    I have tried it on Nokia C3 and return Null imei..(Note that on Symbian 3 it works well and return the imei number)
    but my target is for s40 devices and thats why i need to test it before sending it to nokia

Nokia Developer Expert

Nokia C3 is based on Series 40 6th Edition (initial release). So to access IMEI on that device, need to sign operator or manufacturer.

There is a nice discussion on operator/manufacturer signing in other thread.

See the petrib comment in that thread
    There is no way for an independent developer to get the manufacturer to sign your app. The manufacturer will only sign their own apps, so that approach won't work for you.

And for operator signing, you would need to get every network operator (carrier) to sign the app separately, as it is dependent on whose SIM card is on the phone. So, for every country where you wish to distribute your app, you have to get every local operator to agree to sign your app. Usually, operators only sign their own apps, or sometimes apps they preinstall on their phones. In other words, that approach is extremely unlike to to apply, either, I'm afraid.

Super Contributor

As the documentation (which reply #2 in this thread has a link to) says: "Note: From Series 40 3rd Edition FP1 to Series 40 6th Edition FP1, this property is available only in the manufacturer and operator domains. From Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40 onwards, this property is available in all domains."

So, it will only work on Series 40 phone models using "Java Runtime 1.0.0" without operator/manufacturer signing, and that's a restriction you have to live with.