Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool I want to know whether Auto Renewable Option / Subscription packages for Live TV etc

I have bulit a Live TV application for smartphones like Symbian Anna and Belle and the latest phones

with which the users are able to see the Live Tv channels for free. Now I want to charge for the

channels for the users to see the / play the videos(channels).

Is the In app Purchase similar to auto renewable subscription or Does In app Purchase supports auto

renewable subscription.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: I want to know whether Auto Renewable Option / Subscription packages for Live TV

Hi there, you have been long enough to know about the sections, so you should use the monetarization section for any IAP related queries. Anyway AFAIK subscriptions you would need to handle the expiry etc. situations with your own service.

Super Contributor

Re: I want to know whether Auto Renewable Option / Subscription packages for Live TV

Hi Yucca " AFAIK subscriptions you would need to handle the expiry etc. situations with your own service. " ? ?

Generally we are planning to give 1 month subscription to users.

I want to know whether users credit card be used for subscriptions and electronically debited/ cleared from their account for subscriptions.

Nokia Developer Moderator

with IAP payments are handled through Nokia Store, and as said you need to handle all expiry etc. situations in your own service, there is no automation for any follow ups on any subscription or other payments.

Super Contributor

ok thank you for your valuable sugestions/ comments . I will update you further .

Super Contributor

Can u please give me what are the conditions or eligibility for a user to download and install by paying with in app purchase? So that I can include them in the conditions code /xml for my symbian, c++ application.

please check the below xml which will be similar to my task

http://www.yupptv.com/mobile/iphonex...stomerid=49610

In the above xml u can see mainly theree conditions

1) Country Options/ limitations

2) Play Time to play 30 secs preview

3)Subscription Alerts

If Already done subscription Alert is "0" and Active

If New subscription Alerts is "1" and not Active.

Pleas help me to prepare a proper xml.aspx.

I have already raised paid technical support request and you can follow at

https://forumnokia.secure.force.com/...002000000Nezgv

subject : I want to use In-App purchasing in symbian,c++ application which got published already and update in the nokia store. I want to use subscriptions etc in my application so that users will be able to purchase contents from my application.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2012-07-23 at 08:42.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello GTO_India

IAP SDK contains subscribtion model example application consisted of PHP server source code and Qt mobile application source code. You can find that example by the path <QtSDK>\Examples\InApplicationPurchase\BuyAndDownloadExample\code

This example application implements minimal product subscription protocol between mobile client application and third party server with plain HTML. This protocol is not included in IAP API and left for developers who wishes to support functionality different that default Nokia DRM product protection. This example just demostrates how it could be done with minimal efforts and investments (Apache + PHP + MySQL all are free to use).

If you wish to extend that example application and make it on different platform than (Apache + PHP + MySQL) it is up to you how you will proceeed. I can help you with a certain questions but cannot implement or design software for you

Super Contributor

Hi izinin in the same way do u have any idea on In -App purchasing in symbian applications. Any way i will work on Qt SDK too.

Nokia Developer Expert

there is no API available for Symbian C++, thus you would need to use IAP API for Qt with your applications targeting Symbian devices.