Discussion Board

Question Resource problem

Hi all,

I am facing a problem when adding images to my resources file.
    my resource file is about 27.1 Kb, and everything is working fine.But when I add a new image to the resources, the following errors occurs :
    ":-1: error: Recipe linkandpostlink failed with exit code 1"
    ":-1: error: The make-engine exited with errors."

Note that If I run the project on the simulator, it works.
    Any suggestion concerning this issue ?

Best Regards,
    Lipos123

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Resource problem

Hi lipos123

You might reached resource compiler limits. You can split your application resources into several parts and implement dynamic resource loading --- maybe such way you reach memory consumption optimization also

To start , just split your application resource in two and check the build error is gone. If the build error persists thus something wrong with your resource file, my assumption about reaching resource compiler limits is incorrect and you have to fix the resource itself. Please let me know of the result

Regards,
    izinin

Quote Originally Posted by izinin View Post
    Hi lipos123

You might reached resource compiler limits. You can split your application resources into several parts and implement dynamic resource loading --- maybe such way you reach memory consumption optimization also

To start , just split your application resource in two and check the build error is gone. If the build error persists thus something wrong with your resource file, my assumption about reaching resource compiler limits is incorrect and you have to fix the resource itself. Please let me know of the result

Regards,
    izinin
    Dear izinin,

I have tried to add 2 and 3 resources (.qrc) to my application and split the images, but the error still appear when running the project on Symbian Device. So it's not a matter of resource capacity.
    Any idea ?

Best Regards,
    Lipos123

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Lipos123

Just to be sure your project config is valid and the problem is in Qt build system, create with project creation master dummy "Hello World" project with your resources included. If the problem is gone, examine your project config against dummy, otherwise try to find problematic resource item that troubles your project by excluding one-by-one items from the resources.

Except that i don't have any more ideas. Perhaps you will need to avoid resource use --- not big loss i think. What is the advantages in resource use --- is it just to see your project is nice structured?

Regards,
    izinin

Quote Originally Posted by izinin View Post
    Hi Lipos123

Just to be sure your project config is valid and the problem is in Qt build system, create with project creation master dummy "Hello World" project with your resources included. If the problem is gone, examine your project config against dummy, otherwise try to find problematic resource item that troubles your project by excluding one-by-one items from the resources.

Except that i don't have any more ideas. Perhaps you will need to avoid resource use --- not big loss i think. What is the advantages in resource use --- is it just to see your project is nice structured?

Regards,
    izinin
    Hey izinin,

I've tried the dummy text project and it works fine :S weird??? and what do you mean by checking the project config ? you mean ".pro" ????

Best Regards,
    Lipos123

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

yes , i meant comparing *.pro files in dummy project and yours -- i don't have any special ideas about it -- that is just generic advise. What about not using resources? is it possible for your application

Hi,
    Yes it is possible, but i don't know how to use pictures from outside the resources.
    Can you advice me please.

Best Regards,

I had the same problem and solved it by using the method described on this page:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...t_package_file

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi lipos123

in addition to information about how to deploy images on device posted by jetrix74, here is a bit about how to find the resources in your application:
    here notready.png is stored in gfx_resources project directory and deployed on device into application private directory under qml/gfx subdirectory. The application private directory can be obtained by QApplication::applicationDirPath() call
    Code:
    the project structure :
    /
        gfx_resources/
                       notready.png

project.pro:
            gfxres.source = gfx_resources            # by this rule, everything stored in gfx_resources project catalog will be deployed to target
            gfxres.target = qml/gfx
            DEPLOYMENTFOLDERS += gfxres

module.cpp:
            #define QMLICONRESOURCE_NOTREADY "/qml/gfx/notready.png"
            QImage icon = new QImage(QApplication::applicationDirPath() + QMLICONRESOURCE_NOTREADY);
    you can check your deployment rules are correct if you examine *.pkg files generated by qmake command

application project example you can check here MotoTrialRacer

Hi,
    I will use this solution in order to load my images.
    Thanks a lot for your support