Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Application failed QA-Test

Hello everyone,
    We are developing the application in Qt, and we have almost done with it and we published the application for QA test but over application failed to pass the QA test. the reason we got is stated below,

Failed QA.
    ISSUE#1: SUMMARY: The application includes a UID not assigned to the publisher by Nokia. Our processes for signing content requires the UID displayed in the application to match a UID assigned to the publisher by Nokia.

We have got symbian signed account , And using that we created the developer certificate for the specified phone using IMEI number, i also requested for protected UID and used that while packaging the build to publish in the ovi store. We have uploaded nearly 9 application with the uid which i have generated using that account. But all the application failed to pass the QA test. Can i know what is going wrong here the above is the statement of failing which i got. Thanks for any replies.

Regards,
    Kathir.s

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Application failed QA-Test

if you are using UIDs assigned to your own Symbian signed account, then you must also use it for signing the sis files, and then submit the fully Symbian signed files into the Nokia Store.

If you wish to use Nokia Signing, then you must comply with the rules, and indeed it also requires you to utilize the UID assigned to you by the Nokia store.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    if you are using UIDs assigned to your own Symbian signed account, then you must also use it for signing the sis files, and then submit the fully Symbian signed files into the Nokia Store.

If you wish to use Nokia Signing, then you must comply with the rules, and indeed it also requires you to utilize the UID assigned to you by the Nokia store.
    Hi jucca,
    thanks for the replies.. yes u r rte but actually wat i did is i signed using the developer certificate which we created using the symbian signed , we used the uid generated in the symbian signed, and created the package using smart installer and and then i published it in ovi store for QA-Test. My question is, For this type of publication can we use the uid which we generated using symbian signed ??? or we need to request for the uid's for publishing ??

Regards,
    Kathir.s

basically just read what I said already, its all explained in the last reply ..

And as you should know, you can not release developer certificate signed files, instead you do need to use the Express or Certified Signing.

Regular Contributor

basically just read what I said already, its all explained in the last reply ..

And as you should know, you can not release developer certificate signed files, instead you do need to use the Express or Certified Signing.
    oh yes, u r rte jucca, so we need publisher id for signing the sis file rte ?. If i am rte developer certificate is only for testing the application in specified mobiles using IMEI num. So we need to get publisher id with their cer and key to sign sis file and then upload it in ovi store. Plz correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
    Kathir.s

Yes, if you want to use your own account for signing your applications for release (i.e. using Express signing, or Certified signing) versions, then you need to follow the requirements & rules of Symbian signed, and indeed it means that you would need to have your own publicer ID as well.

Regular Contributor

Yes, if you want to use your own account for signing your applications for release (i.e. using Express signing, or Certified signing) versions, then you need to follow the requirements & rules of Symbian signed, and indeed it means that you would need to have your own publicer ID as well.
    Ya thanks yucca, we already have publisher id but it got expired i checked now. How can i renewal the publisher id now ??

You should check that information from the provider of the publicer ID, basically I have not handled that part myself for long time, so don't know the latest things to do there really.