Discussion Board

Unhappy s60 3rd application and nokia N8 ???

Hi I have a s60 3rd application but ı wanna use it with nokia N8. what should I do ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: s60 3rd application and nokia N8 ???

if you have developed the application, you could try and see if it works, and if it does not work, then try seeing what ails there and then see how you should change it.

if it is not developed by you, then contact the original developer for assistance.

Re: s60 3rd application and nokia N8 ???

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    if you have developed the application, you could try and see if it works, and if it does not work, then try seeing what ails there and then see how you should change it.

if it is not developed by you, then contact the original developer for assistance.
    I have developed and I tried it but there was an error "jsr plugin com.nokia.mj.impl.chapi.core.utils" when ı was installing it. I am a new developer so could you tell me what I should do?

Unhappy how can I fix my s60 3rd application for N8 ? Help pls!!!

First of all ı have to say ı m a new developer about javaME. I developed a s60 3rd application and ı wanna use it with nokia n8. it is simple application but it s not working on n8. it has just a few forms , timer , commands and canvas. it s really simple. I tried it with N8 remote device on http://rda.cellulardata.com/devices . it s working there but it doesnt work in my N8. where can the problem be ? what should I do ? I can send my projects.
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2012-08-10 at 16:18.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: how can I fix my s60 3rd application for N8 ? Help pls!!!

The test with RDA shows that the application is not generally incompatible with the N8.
    You may consider doing a few checks, like
    - comparing the firmware version of the N8 in the RDA and your own one
    - checking if anything can be run on your N8, like simple example applications, or some newly generated application skeleton.

Super Contributor

Re: how can I fix my s60 3rd application for N8 ? Help pls!!!

Also to add: S60 3rd Ed devcies are non touch and smaller screen(compared to N8). You need to adapt it to use in N8, else a default on screen key pad will be there.

Regards
    Gopal