Discussion Board

What is solution for us.

My app was rejected( App id: 307902) by Derek in QA as end of the email. We are distributing an online game on S40 and S60 legacy devices, we are providing for Nokia's customers to play free without charge any money.

They have an option to pay inapp to buy some goods for their life in games, it is optional, but you do not provide any inapp purchase billing method for legacy devices. What should I do? Pls think about your ecosystem, if it is still continue for a terrible QA process with a person who do not understand about Nokia billing system that do not support inapp purchase on S40&60 legacy. We will decide to move our product to Android and now I am facing with many developers have complained. We spent a lot of money and time to have app but now it is gone.

Derek (VC-QA) (Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:44:14 +0000)
    FAILED: Restriction on Bypassing Nokia’s Billing Solution. 
    SUMMARY: The application encourages the user to purchase credits from an external website instead of the Nokia Store. 
    REQUIREMENT: According to the Nokia Store publisher registration and distribution agreement: '4.8 Restriction on Bypassing Nokia’s Billing Solution - All fees received by you from end users for Content distributed via the Program must be processed by Nokia using its billing solutions. This provision is not intended to prevent distribution of free trial, demo or basic versions of Your Content with a later up-sell option to obtain a full or enhanced version. However, if you want to collect fees at a later point in time from within Your Content, you must collect such fees through the payment methods offered to end users through the Program. In this Agreement, 'free' means there are no charges or fees of any kind for use of the Content other than standard data transfer charges that may apply.' 
    ACTUAL RESULT: The content contains the option 'Nạp thẻ' so that users can recharge the account outside of the Nokia billing solution. 
    EXPECTED RESULT: This content contains in-app billing that is not using the Nokia Store payment methods and therefore cannot be permitted in the Nokia Store.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: What is solution for us.

Unfortunately, you can only use Nokia Store provided billing methods, this is very standard way on handling the billings, and has been well known to be handled in this manner, so you should always check the rules and regulations on your distribution channel before making any commitment on any development.

Hi symbiannyucca,

There is no way to get in app purchase in legacy devices? If I set my app to price point #1, that mean paid app, can I use inapp purchase with my billing because Nokia do not provide inapp billing on the platforms?

Basically there are always good reasonings behind any restriction on the API usage, and I'm not aware of any plans for adding additional support for any legacy devices, so if you are targeting on platforms and platform versions not supported by the API, then you can not use it.

Hi Symbian,

I also can show you the below app they are using external billing but available on Nokia Store:

http://store.ovi.com/content/86373?c...e=search&pos=1
    http://store.ovi.com/content/128748?...e=search&pos=2
    http://store.ovi.com/content/226933?...e=search&pos=3
    http://store.ovi.com/content/220424?...e=search&pos=4

Please make us clear about it. This game is fair to us or not?

Thanks.

Super Contributor

FWIW, all your links, Dainam, result in: "Sorry, this item is not available for your country. Browse more great content in the "Related" section below."

I informed the QA to go and look into all of these along side other submissions from the company submitting these apps. and if there is any external billing solutions found, they will be unpublished.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    FWIW, all your links, Dainam, result in: "Sorry, this item is not available for your country. Browse more great content in the "Related" section below."
    That happens when the distribution is set to be limited to some areas/languages only.

Regular Contributor

QA always inconsistent in their review.You should provide us with alternative way.Qa always comment this cannot that cannot but when sometimes there as just no solution for that problem.Nokia store publish is great at creating problem and hardship but bad at providing solution.

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    QA always inconsistent in their review.You should provide us with alternative way.Qa always comment this cannot that cannot but when sometimes there as just no solution for that problem.Nokia store publish is great at creating problem and hardship but bad at providing solution.

I have no idea on what sover what you are trying to say. So maybe you could clarify teh message with some details.

The identified application are indeed now unpublished, please let us know if you find any others breaching the rules.