Discussion Board

Different financial figures

Hello

I’ve just downloaded the "Estimated revenue (Paid content)" spreadsheet for my app on Nokia Publish. According to the spreadsheet results for July 2012, there were 400 purchases with an estimated revenue of €175.00. But according to the overview of paid content (web chart) for July 2012, there were 450 purchases with an estimated revenue of €175.00.

So, the number of purchases differs by 50 (450-400), but the estimated revenue is exactly the same (€175.00). Every month, I've such a difference, but I don't know why.

What could be the reason of that difference?

Thank's!

Re: Different financial figures

If you are taking about the payout you get in email, mobile payments can take upto six months to be paid out while credit card payments go through faster.

It could also be a difference in countries where the app was purchased in one country it might be $2 in another its $1. So it might just be a coincidence that its the same amount.

Thats the only answers i can come up with, but at the end of the day i am in the same boat as you

No, I'm not talking about the payout I get by email. On Nokia publish, there is
    - a "Paid content" overview including a chart where you can see the "Key metrics": "Purchases" and "Estimated Revenue".
    - a CSV export via the link "Estimated revenue (Paid content)".

If I sum up the number of purchases in the CSV-spreadsheet for a certain month and compare it to the number of purchases in the "Paid content" overview (for the same month), there is always a difference. Whereas, the estimated revenue is the same. And the number of purchases in the CSV-spreadsheet is always lower than the number of purchases shown in the "Paid content" overview.

Maybe, the spreadsheet only shows the number of effective purchases and the "Paid content" overview shows the number of downloads? Because, as far as I know, a user that has already purchased a certain app can download it again multiple times free of charge...

I know now the reason of the different financial figures: The online reports count all downloads by Nokia Publish QA for testing, consumer purchases and re-downloads while the csv exported spreadsheet only shows purchases.