Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Angry QT APP privacy policies

I already finish making my apps with my partner and i summitted the app to qa to be publish but BAMM! A comment from qa says because my app connect to social network my app need to embedded with privacy policies thus they fail my app.all my effort is going to a drain.How can i embed privacy policies into my complete app???.Facebook already got their own privacy policies when we connect the app to server so why we still need to create one for our app.Also how many users actually read the privacy policies before sign in to social network via apps.This new guideline is really drive mefuming.Nokia keep concentrate on creating new guideline to keep us developer from nokia store but never give any priority in fixing mess in nokia store and our report which go crazy every month.Looks like elop effect is affecting nokia publish already. .Now my partner is also at me for not informing him about this guideline he is consider in breaking partnership with me

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: QT APP privacy policies

What excatly was the failing reason ? also can you give me the application content Id and I'll have a look into it.

I am in the same situation (app failed because it connects to the internet). So I need to add a policy and I had the idea to add it in the installer, adding this code to the PRO:

{"policyEN.txt" "policyDE.txt" "policyIT.txt"}-"", FT, TA

It seem a nice and easy workaround, but I am not able to install the app anymore now...

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...language-setup
    I discovered Qt in the summer 2010, it was sooo easy and nice to use, that I begun to write some apps.
    Thank you Nokia, for giving me this possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger54 View Post
    I am in the same situation (app failed because it connects to the internet). So I need to add a policy and I had the idea to add it in the installer, adding this code to the PRO:

{"policyEN.txt" "policyDE.txt" "policyIT.txt"}-"", FT, TA

It seem a nice and easy workaround, but I am not able to install the app anymore now...

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...language-setup
    sound rather different situation, anyway, do start own thread for the problem, and please do describe how it fails in it as well.

The situation is that we have to give a privacy policy.

A privacy policy has pratically always the same text. So I am wondering why Nokia will not insert it as default in the smart installer. So, every time a user install an application, the policy is displayed up to the user.

I agree with babylongreece, Symbian is a dead system (words of your CEO) and instead of make the work easier for developers, you invest money and resources to make the development of symbian apps harder.
    I discovered Qt in the summer 2010, it was sooo easy and nice to use, that I begun to write some apps.
    Thank you Nokia, for giving me this possibility!

AFAIK, there can be differences on what kind of privacy policy would be needed by different apps, also the policy is not Symbian specific.