Discussion Board

Help creating theme for S60v5 in Carbide.ui 4.3

Hello to everyone.
    I am new in the Nokia Developer community, so I would like someone tell me if I am doing anything wrong...
    I have a Nokia C6-00 and I am trying to make a theme for it. I downloaded the Carbide.ui 4.3 from Nokia's page, and I am getting started with it.
    But I have a little problem. First of all, I was trying to customize the mobile's Homescreen with N97 plugin, but when I change the softkey button appereance, it get transparent.
    I read before that it could be solved by changing the mask of background color for softkey buttons to white, so I made it with the left and right buttons. But I am unable to find how to make it with the middle one (the key with the dial icon).
    Could someone help me with it?
    Thanks

P.D: Sorry if I have made any grammar mistakes, but my English is not good enough... >.<

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Help creating theme for S60v5 in Carbide.ui 4.3

Hi

I have installed fresh Carbide.ui Symbian Theme Edition and I don't see "N97" theme template , instead there is S60 5th Ed -- v2.1.1 template that is suitable for your device. Perhaps you need to re-install your development environment. Maybe outdated or incorrectly customized tool brings you problems.

Regards,
    Igor

I also tried the "S60 5th Ed -- v2.1.1" template, but most of components that are shown in the preview screen do not coincide with the elements that I have on my phone's screen...
    It is normal that you do not see the "N97" template in a fresh install of Carbide.ui Symbian Theme Edition. You need to add it via "Manage Plugins" button, which is at left of the floating toolbar for choosing the template.
    (I am using the "N97" plugin because I think it is the most look-like phone to C6-00)

Thanks for your answer, Igor
    Last edited by DangoGreen23; 2012-08-28 at 11:15.

The central button is availlable in TMA plugin and italian lab belle plugin.
    For all symbian 3 (anna,belle,belle fp1) italian lab is the best, for the 5th devices (like c6-00) i prefer the older tma plugin because it's got the screenshots of the 5th devices....