Discussion Board

Report Lumia Bug

It seems Nokia does not accept bug reporting for Nokia models of Windows Phone. Could anyone confirm this?

Super Contributor

Re: Report Lumia Bug

You can try this page (allthough, there is no Lumia or Windows Phone section there): http://www.developer.nokia.com/bugs/enter_bug.cgi

Or you can try Nokia's customer support (Customer Care) as they receive all kinds of issues (hardware, software, product or service, usage problems, etc.): http://www.nokia.com/global/support

Note that for actual Windows Phone bugs and other issues, Nokia has to pass on those to Microsoft for fixing and incorporating in a new Windows Phone update release (if they decide they want to).

Thanks.

I tried both without success before posting my question here.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Window Phone software bugs are reported to Microsoft they own the operating system.

I want to report something that works on other models but not on Lumia 900. I thought that was an issue specific for Lumia 900.

Quote Originally Posted by Hongz View Post
    I want to report something that works on other models but not on Lumia 900. I thought that was an issue specific for Lumia 900.
    There is a product discussion board http://discussions.nokia.com/ where you can report on products.

Ron

Super Contributor

Reporting on the user discussion boards, however, does not mean that it ever ends up with the engineering team responsible for the product in question. Better chances for that by calling Nokia Care with the problem.

We had extensive discussions with an engineer at Microsoft Windows Phone division. The purpose of my question here is to confirm if there is no channel to report a Lumia bug. Gathering from all the kind responses, I have concluded it has been confirmed. Thank you all.

Bugs should be reported into Visual Studio Microsoft Connect.

https://connect.microsoft.com/Visual...eFeedback.aspx

Visual Studio Connect is Microsoft's bug reporting portal for all .net platforms for the past 8 years. It currently has over 300 bugs for windows phone.

I've asked that a link be put on our bug page to the Microsoft Connect page.

Ron

Probably I did not explain the problem very well. Instead of getting into the nitty-gritty, let simply try the following:
    An app runs well on Windows Phone models of manufacturers A, B, C, D, F, G.
    It also works well on Nokia Lumina 610, 710, 800, but it has an issue with Lumia 900. We had extensive discussions with a Microsoft engineer, and concluded that is an issue specific to Lumia 900.

I'm not being argumentative here just have years of experience.. Simply because something does not work on one model does not mean it is an error in that model. Perhaps there is a register coloring going on, or an optimzation that VC++ is doing that does not work with the hardware or some other some library in that has a bug that just does not show. It could be an interpretation of a standard.

The only way to tell where the bug lies is to report it to Visual Studio Connect. That is where to report the bug even if it is specific to the Lumia 900

Ron

Hi Ron,

Does Nokia have device loan program that allows developers to loan various models for a short period of time for testing?

Hong

Nokia Developer Moderator

There is a "mini loan" service for members of various developer programs (Resources above, Developer Programs. A direct link is also provided at the bottom of this page). For WP range, it includes Nokia Lumia 800 and 900 at the moment.
    Generally there is also a Remote Device Access service (Devices above, Remote Device Access) available for everyone. However WP devices are not covered, probably because of some OS limitations.

Thank you, Wizard.

Hong