Discussion Board

Thread: ram necessary

ram necessary

I am trying to build a qt3d in my mobile , and firs , i use my own pc with 3g of ram and , i cant create the sis package but now i use the pc with 4g of ram and i CAN create the sis package .

so , the question is how much ram is necessary for work fine when i have to work with bigs projects .

thanks for read and reguards .

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: ram necessary

3 vs 4 GB unlikely matters, you may want to consider describing a little bit more specific what you experience. Do you really see an explicit "out of memory" error message?

hi , I got this error and when i built it , take a lot of time , more less 20 min .

:-1: error: The make-engine exited with errors.
    :-1: error: Recipe linkandpostlink failed with exit code 1.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Look inside the console, there's a lot of output there and among it, the real error message. The summary seems to indicate that you have a missing library and therefore linking failed, but which library and what else went wrong, you have to dig out from that output.

If you can't find it, post the entire output from console to pastebin.com so we can inspect it.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Hi , i think that the library is ( 3DSLoader , 3DSConverter and ACLoader ) qsceneai .

sbs: build log in C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\build\Makefile.2012-09-01-01-19-34.12-6244.log

FAILED compile for arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1: 3rdparty\assimp\code\3DSLoader.cpp
    mmp: src\plugins\sceneformats\assimp\qsceneai_dll.mmp

FAILED compile for arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1: 3rdparty\assimp\code\3DSConverter.cpp

FAILED compile for arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1: 3rdparty\assimp\code\ACLoader.cpp

mingw32-make[1]: *** [C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qt3d-1.0-src/c_900b8f6db962f08a/qsceneai_dll/armv5/udeb/3DSLoader.o] Error 1

mingw32-make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

mingw32-make[1]: *** [C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qt3d-1.0-src/c_900b8f6db962f08a/qsceneai_dll/armv5/udeb/3DSConverter.o] Error 1

mingw32-make[1]: *** [C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/SymbianSR1Qt474/epoc32/build/qt3d-1.0-src/c_900b8f6db962f08a/qsceneai_dll/armv5/udeb/ACLoader.o] Error 1

sbs: error: The make-engine exited with errors.
    make.exe: *** [debug-gcce] Error 1
    make.exe: Leaving directory `C:/Users/CASA/Desktop/qt3d-1.0-src'
    01:24:52: The process "C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\SymbianSR1Qt474\epoc32\tools\make.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building project qt3d (target: Symbian Device)
    When executing build step 'Make'

thanks for the replies !!
    Last edited by viperzero; 2012-09-01 at 15:07.