Discussion Board

help me..! how to design mobile banking application..

hii to every one..this is prathap from Andhra Pradesh,India. i am studying my final year b.tech in an engineering college which is located in a rural area of Andhra Pradesh. i decided to make a mobile banking application which is used to transact money, for account balance,pay utility bills etc... But,i didn't have any prior knowledge about this.so kindly give support to me and help me to succeed in completing my application.

Thanking u sir

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: help me..! how to design mobile banking application..

I would suggest taking something else, basically without prior knowledge the project you are thinking sounds quite much too big for final year project. I think you should talk with your supervisor, and see what kind of projects would be more feasible.

Hi ganapampratapp,

As symbianyucca said, U can develop the UI part with a little effort but when it comes to the execution part U should be well aware of the payment gateways, security features to be applied for transactions, biometric features for authentication, etc. I would suggest better to opt a simple app like m-exam, or consult your faculty for better choice and innovative ideas.
    Regards,
    Harsha

Super Contributor

Of course, if it is not a real (actual) banking application, but just simulates one with basic banking transaction-like forms and actions, then it could simply be something with some sort of a login form, list view of the user's accounts, list view of the user's account transactions, a form to make a transaction (pay something), and the corresponding server mechanisms to keep track of users, their accounts and transactions affecting their balance.

To give it some resemblance of reality, you should at least use SSL (HTTPS) for the transactions, probably also generate session IDs, and perhaps also require the user to tick off passcodes from a generated list, and also have a separate list of validation codes to authorize transactions (payments).

Otherwise, it'd be a straight forward, simple client/server app with a few forms, an HTTP based protocol (with XML or JSON payload for the messages).

In such a simulated banking app, you can ignore sophisticated stuff like payment gateways, biometrics, etc. (assuming that a simple simulation like that is sufficient for your final year project).

Probably plenty of examples for ways to ask for and show information, store local information, as well as HTTP requests/responses in the wiki: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...tegory:Java_ME