Discussion Board

Question Extracting a Zip File on installing my QML application!

Can anybody help me please, with my QML application!
    How to extract "zip file contents" while installation of my QML application,
    I needed to zip some files because Smart Installer has limits on number of files a application can have,
    as discussed in following thread: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...5&goto=newpost

SO CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ON HOW TO INCLUDE A ZIP FILE WITH MY APPLICATION, AND THEN EXTRACT FILES WHILE INSTALLATION!

Preferably with a example code, because i am beginner with QT/QML development!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Extracting a Zip File on installing my QML application!

Basically you would need to run something during instalaltion, though I can not remember whether Smart installer would prevent that one also.. Anyway, you could always try unzipping with first time run, wiki should have zip codes for Symbian, so have a look from there.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Extracting a Zip File on installing my QML application!

nadeemnazeer, please run a test with your application and let me know if indeed you still see the Smart Installer failing doe to your package having too many files. A recent update of the ADM component should have addressed that so if you're still seeing the problem, please report back with the following info:
    - Nokia Smart Installer ADM version installed (from App Manager)
    - number of files in your package
    - size of your app's SIS file (only app, not Smart Installer wrapper)

Other than that using a zip file may speed-up also the installation time (if unzipping is moved to app's fist time, or during app run as new data is needed) but Qt does not have an unzip library, you have to use either the one in Symbian or a 3rd party Qt lib ported to Symbian.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite