Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Question messageManager.queryMessages eats phone memory on every call

Hi,

I have made a program for sms handling, but it eats phone memory each time when the next command is used. It works correctly and queries messages, but after few hours the phone is out of memory. It seems not to depend on the time interval between calls. I have used 10 or 30 seconds. When that line (command) is removed, everything else works correctly in the program and memory amount is not decreased. I am using Qt 4.7.4 and have tested this in two phones 6730c (3rd gen.) and C5-03 (5th gen.). The behavior is exactly the same. I am sorry, but cannot put much of the code here, but appreciate, if someone could help with this. Maybe something needs to be killed somehow? This might be also a bug in the O/S. Please, ask needed questions, and I will answer.

messageIdList = messageManager.queryMessages(messageFilter, messageSortOrder,10);

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: messageManager.queryMessages eats phone memory on every call

Hi

the documentation says "A client may, however, use multiple QMessageService instances to concurrently initiate a queue of requests" --- so try not to keep messageManager during the application session but create and destroy it every request, then check memory consumption.

I think messageManager keeps data of your query to be available anytime you want to read it because messagesFound signal conveys only reference to the data not copy. Thus i conclude messageManager destroying will release the query data --- Please check my assumption.

Re: messageManager.queryMessages eats phone memory on every call

Quote Originally Posted by izinin View Post
    Hi

the documentation says "A client may, however, use multiple QMessageService instances to concurrently initiate a queue of requests" --- so try not to keep messageManager during the application session but create and destroy it every request, then check memory consumption.

I think messageManager keeps data of your query to be available anytime you want to read it because messagesFound signal conveys only reference to the data not copy. Thus i conclude messageManager destroying will release the query data --- Please check my assumption.
    Hi,

Thanks for reply. I have done this now, but the result is same. It still eats memory.
    So I decided to make this using a socket and filling an array that will be read by that part of the program that is now making queries. It is not a big problem any more. I tested the socket and it does not consume extra memory even a single byte. Pitty, that I could not get the messageManager query to work.
    Thanks anyway.