Discussion Board

Question How to create Chat Client - Server software in J2ME? Please help me!!

Hello all members of Nokia Developer forum! Now, I want to creating a J2ME chat software, with this software, users can register account, sign in to chat, write blog, upload and download, add friends ... and more..., software can auto refresh. Anyone have experience or have ever done this software, please guide me, producing this software need to using the technology, softwares, connect, programming languages? How to create Database and storage? Used mySQL to create webservice and using with this software is true or false? Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by smartphonedev_01; 2012-09-02 at 14:17.

Super Contributor

Re: How to create Chat Client - Server software in J2ME? Please help me!!

For the protocol, look into Jabber/XMPP, instea of reinventing the wheel, so to speak.

For Java networking and UI examples, see the wiki: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...tegory:Java_ME

Thank for your help! Means will use webservice, need to import JSON.ORG.ME?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Importing libraries is an implementation detail. First you may want to consider picking a technology. If you want to learn about these things, Wikipedia or Google can provide a staring points. Like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMPP is the XMPP article on Wikipedia, and http://xmpp.org/ is the actual site where it is maintained.
    Also, in the Wikipedia article you can find related readings on the bottom of the page, links to other articles about instant messaging protocols, and the concept of instant messaging.
    Then you pick a protocol, and you will see if you need the JSON library or not.

I want also same Thing, I have already installed xmpp which works perfectly with IM Like Pidgin, But i want To develop Java and symbian client. Any application source available?