Discussion Board

Insert symbian belle and symbian 5th edition in qt as devices for compilation

I'm sure it is very easy but I've looked for it for 2 hours and I've not found it:
    How can I add symbian 5th edition to devices for which I want to compile my application in qt 4.7.4!

I created a new quick application (following this guide: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devel...d/Step_2.xhtml )

Then I tried to compile it and, using the simulator, I was able to see that it works fine (It shows "hello world")!
    Then I tried to compile it for my mobile phone (nokia c5-03 who has symbian 5th edition): I went to project, but in symbian device I find only "Qt 4.7.4 for Symbian Anna ..."!!! Where are the other versions of symbian (symbian belle and symbian 5th edition)?
    Is there a way to insert them?

Thank you in advance! ;-)

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Insert symbian belle and symbian 5th edition in qt as devices for compilation

Hi

Install older Qt SDK 1.1.2 and re-build you project for target Symbian^1 that is compatible with Symbian 5th
    in the SDK installation directory by path <QtSDK_463>\Symbian\sis\Symbian^1 you will find Qt 4.6.3 and Qt 4.7.3 installation component dependencies. To support QML (QtQuick applications) you need Qt 4.7.3

Re: Insert symbian belle and symbian 5th edition in qt as devices for compilation

But in the guide I read that with the last version of qt would be possible to compile for symbian 5th edition, too!
    Are there files to add to the installated qt to include this possibility?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

with the last version of qt would be possible to compile for symbian 5th edition
    that is not correct . Instead ,on Qt SDK download page they recommend to use older version 1.1.2 for Symbian^1 (5th ed) target. I know the SDK customization with setting new build targets in most cases is unsuccessful .