Discussion Board

Thread: Codec

Regular Contributor

Codec

Hi,
    Yucca thanx for the help but now the recorder options are not coming...i.e it is not showing the recording menu options..what i think is dus to the the state of the CMdaRecorderUtility...it is somewhere E: NotReady due to not opening the audio file which is to be played......

complilation is fine

rgds
    techno2003

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi

I don't really know your internal structure, so can't really say anything why some menu's are not showing.

Anyway, you should maybe put some breakpoints to your MoscoStateChangeEvent function and check the states & possible error codes, so you could find out what is happening with your program.

yucca

Regular Contributor
    hi,
    this is my code for recorder constructor..i don't know where the problem is....also convert utility is not working fine as the file whihc i create before running the program becomes a damge file after execution of this code..it given nullsoft waveform coder error...

iMdaAudioRecorderUtility = CMdaAudioRecorderUtility::New(*this);
    iMdaAudioConvertUtility = CMdaAudioConvertUtility::NewL(*this);
    TMdaAudioDataSettings audioSettings;
    audioSettings.iSampleRate=8000;
    audioSettings.iChannels=1;
    TMdaFileClipLocation iFileClipLocation;
    TMdaFileClipLocation iFileClipLocation1;
    iFileClipLocation.iName=KRecorderFile;
    iFileClipLocation1.iName=KRecorderFile1;
    // Open an existing sample file for playback or recording
    //causes //MMdaObjectStateChangeObserver::MoscoStateChange//Event to be called
    TMdaWavClipFormat wavFormat;
    TMdaRawAudioClipFormat rawFormat;
    TMdaPcmWavCodec iPcmWavCodec;
    iMdaAudioRecorderUtility->OpenL(&iFileClipLocation,&wavFormat,&iPcmWavCodec,&audioSettings);*/

iMdaAudioRecorderUtility->OpenFileL(KRecorderFile);
    iFileClipLocation1.iName=KRecorderFile1;
    iMdaAudioConvertUtility->OpenL(&iFileClipLocation,&iFileClipLocation1,&rawFormat,NULL,&audioSettings);

help me out

rgds
    techno2003

Hi

Like I said, you should go and see what are the stages and possibly error situations and in which order they happen by putting a breakpoint to your MoscoStateChange function, it'll give you a lot better glue of your problem.

Anyway, I wouldn't try to open anything before the first open is finished the previous opening... might mess up something.

yucca

Regular Contributor

The File openeing function poses a problem

Hi,
    when i open the file using openfilel() things are right but when i am using openl() the thing tend to go wrong....

what is that need to be corrected...

rgds
    techno2003

Hi

OpenFile of course opens an existing file with it's own parameters, the OpenL then opens/creates a file with given parameters, so you need to try and try again untill you find right parameters (codec & format) that will work.

yucca