Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Question Input text mode and execute javascript when back from an external web in S40 WebApp

Hi all , im developing a s40 webapp for fulltouch device and i have some question about it
    1. Is there anyway to reply text TypeHere when u in input mode ?
    2. Is there anyway to execute javascript when i back from an external web?
    Example : my webapp flow like this
    User details choose change avatar --> show upload avatar form then upload avatar --> go to external web alert that upload successfull NOW here when i press X button on the left bottom of screen it back to my webapp but it back to upload avatar form. I want back to user details form and want to know is there anyway to execute javascript when back. Can i use onshow and onhide event for this ?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Input text mode and execute javascript when back from an external web in S40 Web

Hi

I think you have to follow "Mutli-view" application template in your project implementation and operate with view switching , while staying on the same page.

Could you make clear your first question --- is it related to the feature when there is an empty textbox gets focus it displays "type here"? Does not it displays automatically when it is empty?

Re: Input text mode and execute javascript when back from an external web in S40 Web

Thanks for your answer but i use "Multi-view" application template already the problem is i use an external web link for upload avatar like this : http://www.myupload.com/upload/ when i submit upload the form redirect my app to that upload link. And i want execute javascript when i back from that link.
    Example html for form upload :
    <form action="http://www.myupload.com/upload/" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <input type="file" name="userfile" class="input-select" id="file"/>
    <input type="submit" value="UPLOAD" class="ui-button"/>
    </form>
    And this is the pic for the question 1 :

I want replace the text in red square. Is it possible ?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Please check Upload/Download example It uses Form for uploading. After the upload is done it displays interim dialog window that gets user back to the main application

You approach is correct, The point is there is default control on the server response page

That control allows user to close the server response window and return back to the application --- You don't need handle the response with an java script -- normal flow scenario is working for you

As for text input appearance that is the device specific, for example on keypad only device as N201 it displays : "Enter text" header instead of "Type here" on N30X
    Last edited by izinin; 2012-09-11 at 11:26.

I know that when click that X button will return back to my app. But the flow for my app like this :

Form 1 : contain update status like a facebook userwall
    Form 2 : contain a form for post new update status

Here when start app i show Form 1 then i hide Form 1 and show Form 2 to post new update status. When i submit post new update form it will redirect me to the upload page.
    And when i click X button i want back to Form 1 not Form 2.

As for text input appearance that is the device specific, for example on keypad only device as N201 it displays : "Enter text" header instead of "Type here" on N30X
    Im developing a s40 webapp for fulltouch device and can i replace that text for other text like Password or Username ?

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by TienNguyen View Post
    Im developing a s40 webapp for fulltouch device and can i replace that text for other text like Password or Username ?
    You cannot

Please examine Upload/Download example implementation --- after uploading file and closing the result window user is not shown previous file upload form but main application page. That is the same scenario you try to achieve

Regards,
    Igor