Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

Nokia Map and qml

Hi,

I want to load Nokia map and voice guided system in my QML application (meaning I want to control the map from my application), is it possible with QML? I saw a Qt map example, if I adapt that to my application, will it allow me to import the voice guide in my app? Thanks for help or any tips.

Aktar

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia Map and qml

there are no Navigation APIs nor Voice guidance APIs available for Qt, basically what you have is the Routing service which would give you the route, without navigation functionality

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    there are no Navigation APIs nor Voice guidance APIs available for Qt, basically what you have is the Routing service which would give you the route, without navigation functionality
    Hi, Thanks for reply. Is there any way I can embed Nokia Map in my Qt or QML application. Or can I load Nokia map (with default guided services) and tell it to take me from one place to another place and I get notification in my app when I have reach the destination location?

Nokia Developer Moderator

I would suggest you to check our wiki examples everytime you are missing code exmaples, here's my old Maps examples for QML: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu..._Maps_Examples