Discussion Board

Thread: Content IDs

Content IDs

I want to ask. A Content IDs may be used for each sign one SIS file or a Content IDs sign for one UIDs?
    Can anyone help me?

Re: Content IDs

If you are talking about Publishing applications on Nokia Store:

Nokia assigns a unique Content ID for every content you create ( You can find it on the address bar of your web browser ), and you assign the UID of this content (Under the 'Content files' page / tab of this content).

Knowing that:

- The UID you assign to the content must match the UID (In *.mmp file) of the *.SIS file you uploaded to be published under this content.

- You are allowed to change the UID of both the content and the *.SIS file (But they must be matched).

Knowing that:

- If you updated your application and changed the content and *.SIS file UID after publishing it, your customers will not get a notification of this update, as Nokia Store will consider it a new published content and not an update.

I hope my answer covered your question.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...#6._Content_ID
    Ex:
    I have one Content IDs.I use it to sign the application named ABC.And application of UIDs is 0x20000001.After that I upgraded the application, modify the application to build a new sis file, but still with the same name and the same number of UIDs (0x20000001).so I can sign without having to buy new Content IDs?

I'm sorry but I couldn't understand your question clearly ( I suppose you are using an online translator from your own language to English ). Could you please try to rephrase your question?
    Nokia Asha applications [Price Point Policy] [Unlimited Updates] [Suggestions]: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?240423-Nokia-Asha-applications-Price-Point-Policy-Unlimited-Updates-Suggestions

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by khanhcoc1210 View Post
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...#6._Content_ID
    Ex:
    I have one Content IDs.I use it to sign the application named ABC.And application of UIDs is 0x20000001.After that I upgraded the application, modify the application to build a new sis file, but still with the same name and the same number of UIDs (0x20000001).so I can sign without having to buy new Content IDs?
    One content ID is for one signing, so if you wish to re-sign the sis file after modifications, you do need to use new content ID.