Discussion Board

Display battery status bar though running LWUIT developed application on S40

Hi

I have developed application for S40 using LWUIT. But i am not able to see battery status bar
    while running application. Is there any solution to show Nokia device battery status bar running
    LWUIT application.

Super Contributor

Re: Display battery status bar though running LWUIT developed application on S40

Not that I know of, since LWUIT usually runs in "full-screen" mode. You could as on the LWUIT site if it can be run in non-full-screen mode.

Graham.
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2012-10-02 at 14:56. Reason: closing tag for [url] fixed (it was a [/i] for some reason)

Re: Display battery status bar though running LWUIT developed application on S40

I want to show the status bar too but i did not find a way to do that in Lwuit .

Did you find a way to do that, because i want to show the status bar in Lwuit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev.Reham View Post
    Did you find a way to do that, because i want to show the status bar in Lwuit too.
    As far i know we cant show the device status-bar wen a j2me application is running (not even in LWUIT). You can try to
    display a dynamic image(different images for different levels) from your application on the titlebar by getting the batterylevel.

Here is the link that tells how to get the batterylevel
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...-Level-in-J2ME
    Regards,
    Venkatesh

Thank you, but i already seen applications with status bar showing the current Time.
    I really need that thing.

Super Contributor

Thank you, but i already seen applications with status bar showing the current Time.
    I really need that thing.
    Were those applications also LWUIT applications? Can you give an example of such an application (and on which phone you've seen it)?

I saw it on Asha 302 (CNN International) Application .
    I think it is Lwuit , but how can i be sure?

Super Contributor

I saw it on Asha 302 (CNN International) Application .
    I think it is Lwuit , but how can i be sure?
    The Asha 302 has Flash Lite v3.0 support. The CNN app could very well be a Flash Lite app, and not Java at all.

Even if it was Java based, it doesn't need to be LWUIT based. Is there something in particular with the CNN app that makes you think it would be an LWUIT based Java app?

To be honest i can not find a particular thing, So according to your experience i won't be able to do this in Lwuit or Java ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

To be honest i can not find a particular thing, So according to your experience i won't be able to do this in Lwuit or Java ?
    You may want to try http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...vel_in_Java_ME - the result (it works or not) is your answer.

I used this ((Canvas)(javax.microedition.lcdui.Display.getDisplay(this).getCurrent())).setFullScreenMode(false);

In my Lwuit J2ME Application, it shows the menu bar and the status bar , but i don't know how to modify the menu items commands.