Discussion Board

Thread: xml

xml

excuse me guys.. sorry for bothering.. I develop an app using QT for symbian.. I deploy to my cell including the XML file with .sis format.. can i update or modifying the file inside? thanks for the answer..

Super Contributor

Re: xml

Quote Originally Posted by Atmajaya Yogyakarta View Post
    excuse me guys.. sorry for bothering.. I develop an app using QT for symbian.. I deploy to my cell including the XML file with .sis format.. can i update or modifying the file inside? thanks for the answer..
    If you try to change anything inside a .sis file, the signing is invalidated and the package needs to be resigned.

Are you trying to modify an XML file for your app at run-time? In that case, just have the installation put the file in your application's private directory and access it from there using your code.

If your goal is something else, explain more of the conditions of what, exactly, you're trying to do and when and how.

Re: xml

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    If you try to change anything inside a .sis file, the signing is invalidated and the package needs to be resigned.

Are you trying to modify an XML file for your app at run-time? In that case, just have the installation put the file in your application's private directory and access it from there using your code.

If your goal is something else, explain more of the conditions of what, exactly, you're trying to do and when and how.
    I used the xml file to update data coming from the user of my application, now I prefer to use the Sqlite database, because it's simpler than using xml files.. thank you for answering me sir.. I have another problem about NFC, I'm afraid I need to ask you more..