Discussion Board

What's the best point of contact in Nokia for new technology

Hello,

I am quite new here, and please accept my apologies if my comments belong to elsewhere; I am just trying to find that elsewhere.

We have developed a novel input technology targeted for easing text entry on small mobile touch screen devices (smartphones and tablets). Essentially we have invented what we think is the ideal keyboard of the future for touch screen devices, with fewer, larger keys (only 9 keys) and with a patented letters and characters assignment optimized for speed.

Our track record so far: Our keyboard, MessagEase, is implemented and now available for Android, iOS, Windows, and Palm, with more than 500k aggregate downloads. Our Android product has had a great reception, with a rave users rating of 4.5 over 5 so far. Our users feedback have been very, very positive; We have quite a few people who text at seeds of 60-80 WPM with MessagEase. Our top champ's speed is 80 WPM.

Much more info, videos, and free download links at our site (www.exideas.com).

So the question is, how do we port our keyboard to Nokia phones?

Since a keyboard is a special case of an app, it would be great if we can hook up with the dev supports at Nokia who can take a look at our offering and tell us what we are looking at in terms of support, necessary hooks, etc. etc.

Can any good soul here direct us to the right place for this?

Can Nokia dev support please contact me for more information on this?

Thank you!

Saied Nesbat,
    Founder and CEO
    Exideas.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: What's the best point of contact in Nokia for new technology

Can not find any suitable contacts really, so all I could suggest is to join to our launchpad program: https://www.developer.nokia.com/Deve...aunchpad.xhtml, I would suppose that you would get contact details from there, from which you could ask how you could possible proceed with your idea.

Super Contributor

Re: What's the best point of contact in Nokia for new technology

In case you're not contacted by Nokia, they have a paid tech support: https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/

Otherwise, if your app already works for Windows Phone, you don't need to do anything.

For Series 40, Nokia's proprietary platform, you definitely need to obtain private support/information from Nokia, as that kind of an app is not possible to develop for Series 40 using the published Java APIs.

For Nokia's Symbian/S60 (nowadays known as "Nokia Anna" and "Nokia Belle" in their latest incarnations), you probably could develop such an app with just the public SDK, but it is a rapidly shrinking market (no new Symbian based devices, sales for existing models declining rapidly, and probably also interest by consumers to buy apps for them). Nokia's Linux based mameo/MeeGo platforms are even smaller (no new devices, and only a couple of models in the first place, where the latest model was a technical success in many ways, but with no future, it isn't really selling in amounts that'd be very attractive to a specialized utility app like yours, I suspect).