Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Question Question about first app promotion

I recently participated in a Nokia "first app promotion". I believe it is through a consultant.
    The detail are here:
    http://richarddunbar.blogspot.com/20...ows-phone.html

I met all the requirements, and published my first app before the deadline:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...5-6b5af20052bc

Because I have student account with dev center, i was not eligible to get the free 1 year $99 token. My student account expired during this (I was banking on getting the token to continue developing) and I have paid that out of pocket now.

He said he ran out of phones and the last group of 40 would get their phone directly from Nokia. I have not heard recieved anything, phone or even a tracking number. When asked, Rich says he has not gotten a response back, and now I'm not getting replies from Rich.

Any idea how I track down whoever it is who is in charge with this? I am not going to keep buggin Rich, he hasn't gotten any info either. Id like to find out if my phone has shipped, maybe it was stolen off my porch or something, or if I am even actually going to get a phone at all?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Question about first app promotion

if the Rich person is the one how was handling the thing, then he should be the main contact point as well. He then should be the one who would know who to contact internally.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

First off, Richard Dunbar is not a Nokia empolyee or reoresentative.

I think he was just passing on some information that was on a Microsoft message board and was only eligible for US Windows Phone developers, so if you are not from the United States just forget about it.

My email address is in my signature, send me a private mail with your state (and city optional) I'll try to help get you a device. That is the best I can do. No promises

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by jolyrojr View Post
    I recently participated in a Nokia "first app promotion". I believe it is through a consultant.
    The detail are here:
    http://richarddunbar.blogspot.com/20...ows-phone.html

I met all the requirements, and published my first app before the deadline:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...5-6b5af20052bc

Because I have student account with dev center, i was not eligible to get the free 1 year $99 token. My student account expired during this (I was banking on getting the token to continue developing) and I have paid that out of pocket now.

He said he ran out of phones and the last group of 40 would get their phone directly from Nokia. I have not heard recieved anything, phone or even a tracking number. When asked, Rich says he has not gotten a response back, and now I'm not getting replies from Rich.

Any idea how I track down whoever it is who is in charge with this? I am not going to keep buggin Rich, he hasn't gotten any info either. Id like to find out if my phone has shipped, maybe it was stolen off my porch or something, or if I am even actually going to get a phone at all?

Thank you Ron! I knew he was some kind of contractor, not actually an employee so I figured this would be the only route left to me. I don't like being a bother though, and Rich has been very helpful.
    I heard Nokia did a lot for their Symbian devs, making it a smooth transition over to WP7. I kind of hurt myself by releasing before it was ready, but it would be less horrible if everything here works out.

I appreciate your prompt replies! You guys are way awesome. No promises, thats fine man, its the thought that counts, thank you for putting your time into helping me.