×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82

    Running an application on the basis of sms trigerring.

    Dear all,

    I am working on an application related to client & server. In this i want to implement the functionality that from server i will receive an SMS and on basis of that if my application is closed it will be invoked & start performing the task.

    For this i tried to implement the concept of SMS UTILITIES but i am unable to do the same. I am getting error.

    Please help me out of this.

    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu..._Utilities_API

    I tried with the example given in the above link but this code is not working properly.

    When i am building this code for winscw then i am not getting any error but when i am trying to do this for gcce the error i am getting are.


    Silentsms.cpp(.text+0x2) undefined reference to CSMSEngine::NewLC()
    Silentsms.cpp(.text+022e) undefined reference to TSmsAddr::TSmsAddr()
    Silentsms.cpp(.text+022e) undefined reference to TSmsAddr::SetSmsAddrFamily(TSmsAddrFamily)
    Silentsms.cpp(.text+022e) undefined reference to TSmsAddr::Settextmatch(TDesC8 const&)
    Silentsms.cpp(.text+022e) undefined reference to RSmsSocketReadStream::RSmsSocketReadStream(RSocket&)

    Please help me out of this. Thanx in advance.

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,143

    Re: Running an application on the basis of sms trigerring.

    Basically you are missing the required library for the APIs. So do check the line which says that its not part of public SDK, and follow up the link to see what to do, and where it is supposed to work in.

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82

    Re: Running an application on the basis of sms trigerring.

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Basically you are missing the required library for the APIs. So do check the line which says that its not part of public SDK, and follow up the link to see what to do, and where it is supposed to work in.
    Yes i checked & smsu.lib is missing. From where i could get it.
    C:\sdk5thedition\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\armv5\lib this file is missing in this path.

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,143

    Re: Running an application on the basis of sms trigerring.

    Quote Originally Posted by akki123 View Post
    Yes i checked & smsu.lib is missing. From where i could get it.
    C:\sdk5thedition\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\armv5\lib this file is missing in this path.
    You could check the page, basically you would need to download the API pluging and add the stuff from it to your SDK. And then add the library into your project's mmp file as well.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    639

    Re: Running an application on the basis of sms trigerring.

    Quote Originally Posted by akki123 View Post
    Yes i checked & smsu.lib is missing. From where i could get it.
    C:\sdk5thedition\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\armv5\lib this file is missing in this path.
    You can download SDK plugins from:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...DK_API_Plug-in

    Go to section "S60 5th Edition SDK (Symbian C++)", take the complete package (link just under the subtitle).

    Please note that you app will not be automatically started by SMS reception; the user has to start the application and then the application will react to the SMS; maybe you are going to consider Autostart feature (just search this site, wiki in particular, for autostart) so that the app starts when the phone starts... but there are limitations on required capabilities, UIDs and signing/cert.

    Hope it helps
    pg

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82

    Re: Running an application on the basis of sms trigerring.

    Quote Originally Posted by pavarang View Post
    You can download SDK plugins from:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...DK_API_Plug-in

    Go to section "S60 5th Edition SDK (Symbian C++)", take the complete package (link just under the subtitle).

    Please note that you app will not be automatically started by SMS reception; the user has to start the application and then the application will react to the SMS; maybe you are going to consider Autostart feature (just search this site, wiki in particular, for autostart) so that the app starts when the phone starts... but there are limitations on required capabilities, UIDs and signing/cert.

    Hope it helps
    pg
    Auto start feature is in my APP means the APP will start when Phone is on but i want to add a feature that after getting a specific keyword in the SMS our Application will start.Is it possible if yes then please help. Because for the same i implemented the concept of the "SILENT SMSEXAMPLE" but its not working.
    I will receive this particular SMS from the server in response to the url hit to the server. Its a client - server application.

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Noida,India
    Posts
    3,956

    Re: Running an application on the basis of sms trigerring.

    Quote Originally Posted by akki123 View Post
    Auto start feature is in my APP means the APP will start when Phone is on but i want to add a feature that after getting a specific keyword in the SMS our Application will start.Is it possible
    That is possible for sure. You can read the sms received in the inbox, search for the keyword & then start your app using RProcess/TApaTask API.

    For running the example, did you downloaded as what is suggested in #4.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2012-05-29, 13:46
  2. Application running on emulator but not running on Device
    By syedshakeel2004 in forum Symbian Signed Support, Application Packaging and Distribution and Security
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2010-09-28, 13:55
  3. bluetooth on need only basis
    By x6 user in forum Bluetooth Technology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010-09-13, 04:24
  4. Payment now on a calendar monthly basis?
    By Pixeltheme in forum [Closed] Publishing to Nokia Store
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-01-29, 09:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •